Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default question about the 5800 music player...

Last day i have add a new album into my 5800, however, it cannot be added into the music player.
    Even i refresh the music list and remove the memory card again and again, it did not work. ;(
    Can anyone help me about it? ?_?
    I am using the 5800 v40.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: question about the 5800 music player...

i guess u already have restarted/rebooted it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Have you tried playing the music files with the file browser to see if whether or not the problem may be the music files themselves?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is a sad bug no idea how to fix it other than to hardreset or format dunno

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by justin95322
    Last day i have add a new album into my 5800, however, it cannot be added into the music player.
    Even i refresh the music list and remove the memory card again and again, it did not work. ;(
    Can anyone help me about it? ?_?
    I am using the 5800 v40.
    i used to have this problem all the time in v40
    see if you can update, it solves it

but for mean time to fix this, follow this

1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
    2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to "Show" hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select "Show hidden files and Folder"
    3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
    4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
    5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
    6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.

7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
    8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

should work well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yiannixanthos

2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to "Show" hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select "Show hidden files and Folder"
    4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
    5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
    6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.

7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
    8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

should work well
    ive been do this and its work but we lost our playlist in music player.....so we need to create an playlist again
    but maybe this is the only way to solve that problem if we not want formated our microSD card
    rather not to say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

should work well
    Thank you for your method. I am going to try it.
    No matter the result is, Thank You.
    +1 =)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ive been do this and its work but we lost our playlist in music player.....so we need to create an playlist again Grin
    but maybe this is the only way to solve that problem if we not want formated our microSD card
    Yes i know if you do my method this does happen,, updating to v50 does help with these problems, e.g you won't have these refresh problems in v50 i have found

Thank you for your method. I am going to try it.
    No matter the result is, Thank You.
    +1 =)
    it will work but i suggest updating to v50 as it is much better at solving this problem, after updating to v50 i found i have never had to do those steps once! good luck, let me know outcome

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes i know if you do my method this does happen,, updating to v50 does help with these problems, e.g you won't have these refresh problems in v50 i have found

it will work but i suggest updating to v50 as it is much better at solving this problem, after updating to v50 i found i have never had to do those steps once! good luck, let me know outcome
    I have tried your method and it works.
    Although the playlist is disappeard, but it is still good.

Since there is still no v50 in my country and i would like to wait for it instead of flashing other firmware or changing product code, I can only use this method in the meantime.

Thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah fair enough, we'll just use that method
    enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast