Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Symbian Has Lie !!

see what a symbian s60 motto, symbian s60 'open to new features', but what ? My nokia 5800 symbian s60 v5th, closed to new features, because dont have a much updates likes widget homescreen, if symbian s60 'open to new feature', so symbian will able to give us new feature, like widget homescreen in our 5800, my 5800 not support TV out and N-gage application, so, symbian has lie .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Symbian Has Lie !!

You can hardly blame Symbian for your own lack of research. Normal people research the capabilities of a handset before purchase if they are really that bothered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

mate you also have to consider that 5800 indeed has its limitation and we have to accept that.

yes they can give us this widget homescreen you like, but i think they are just waiting for the "right" time i guess to release it.

my 5800 supports TV-out.

bro, you have to research about your phone, not just rant about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

5800 has TV support, and Ngage is technically impossible because you dont have buttons. You need the virtual keyboard for it.

Basically, you just came here and told all of us that you are ignorant about your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if you dont like it then why you buy it??
    maybe u not get tv-out cable from the pack but 5800 is 100% support tv-out
    rather not to say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My nokia 5800 100% not support tv out, I was Tried to connect my 5800 with nokia ca-75u cable and selected tv out mode on, and no images show on tv, just only sound. So my 5800 only support audio out.
    why I buy this phone, because I like this phone design and features, But Im certain disappointed about my phone proved some feature like TV-out, can you think someday you buy nokia n97 without music player, or without gps, without bluetooth ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can't get ur drift dude...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thamaputra
    My nokia 5800 100% not support tv out, I was Tried to connect my 5800 with nokia ca-75u cable and selected tv out mode on, and no images show on tv, just only sound. So my 5800 only support audio out.
    why I buy this phone, because I like this phone design and features, But Im certain disappointed about my phone proved some feature like TV-out, can you think someday you buy nokia n97 without music player, or without gps, without bluetooth ?
    1. TV-out is concerned by many things, for example can the TV play the resolution of the video you were playing? Try to connect it without playing a video.

2. There was a batch of 5800 that did not have TV-out. The boxes had a sticker saying that the particular unit did not support TV-out and was cheaper as well. If your box did not have that sticker and your phone does not have TV-out, its not Nokia's fault. Its your dealer who lied to you.

So basically, like I said before. You are ignorant about your phone. Do not blame your ignorance on Symbian or Nokia or anyone elses. Its your own fault. If your phone is not working properly when you bought it, then go back to your dealer and complain. If you make 10million units of a certain thing, there are bound to be some that wont work correctly. Its just the laws of averages.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hehe, funny thread. Future of symbian looking rather positive, hopefully ^4 will be amazing. My sister got the 5530 with the same symbian version as the 5800 and it kinda of pwns my tube but I still believed it was a great deal (I mean feutures vs price) until my screen went berserk (stupid vertical lines probelm every time I unlock since January this year). Theres more problemd with the 5800 iself then with symbian. And even the critisism you give to the 5800 is undeserved. You cant buy a device and expect it to get updated with NEW feutures.