Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default help needed, text messages to Russia not sending

I'm on T-mobile and used to be able to send text messages to a friend In Russia no problem. But suddenly they have stopped sending. It appears to of sent on my phone but they don't receive It. I'm using the correct +7 at the start of the number, called T-mobile and they told me to reboot the phone which I did with no success. I could really do with It working again but T-mobile don't seem to know what to do when I call them... I have tried It on two different phones (my unlocked i8910 and k850i) and still no joy, any ideas? They used to work fine but suddenly just won't work. They work fine to friends In the UK.

I have asked else where and someone has said my phone needs flashing... but I have tried another phone so surely It can not be phone related?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: help needed, text messages to Russia not sending

Perhaps you must call your operator.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by carll
    I'm on T-mobile and used to be able to send text messages to a friend In Russia no problem. But suddenly they have stopped sending. It appears to of sent on my phone but they don't receive It. I'm using the correct +7 at the start of the number, called T-mobile and they told me to reboot the phone which I did with no success. I could really do with It working again but T-mobile don't seem to know what to do when I call them... I have tried It on two different phones (my unlocked i8910 and k850i) and still no joy, any ideas? They used to work fine but suddenly just won't work. They work fine to friends In the UK.

I have asked else where and someone has said my phone needs flashing... but I have tried another phone so surely It can not be phone related?
    if that's the case, there's really nothing we could do. I really doubt that flashing will solve the problem. There are two points in which something must be failing.

1 Your service provider (T-Mobile)
    2. Your friend in Russia's service provider.

You should call T-Mobile and ask them if a message to the number of friend's phone was sent. If they can (and they have this capability), then there is a problem with your friend's service provider.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    if that's the case, there's really nothing we could do. I really doubt that flashing will solve the problem. There are two points in which something must be failing.

1 Your service provider (T-Mobile)
    2. Your friend in Russia's service provider.

You should call T-Mobile and ask them if a message to the number of friend's phone was sent. If they can (and they have this capability), then there is a problem with your friend's service provider.
    Thanks for the reply, I know they aren't sending because I check my online account to see If I was billed for the international sms but never am no more... I've just renewed my contract as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by carll
    Thanks for the reply, I know they aren't sending because I check my online account to see If I was billed for the international sms but never am no more... I've just renewed my contract as well
    then this is T-Mobile's concern, if they won't fix it for you over the phone, i suggest you go to one of their offices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    then this is T-Mobile's concern, if they won't fix it for you over the phone, i suggest you go to one of their offices.
    Chances are they'll know less in store without the relative help systems beside them. I've just sent them another email as to call them Is pointless. Hopefully via email someone will take time to look into rather than think on the spot "hummmm I don't know sorry"