Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thread: Name calling!!.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Name calling!!.

I updated my firmware to v50 on my 5800.

Not very impressed as now when my contacts ring me it shows there number but not there name even though they are stored to the phone. I have them on phone and sim and have tried switching from one or the other and even having both active but nothing makes any difference. Any ideas on what I need to do? Please someone help me before I break another!!!.

Also:
    It was very slow after the update, and with problems etc so I thought I'd re-install v50 and then hard reset it to see if it helped. Well it did until I started to install stuff back on then it slowed down again. Obviously something I am putting on is disagreeing with it. I've only put on isms 1.03 and maps_installer_3.04_10wk15_b04_s60_5.0.Nocs for my navigation(which I got from Beta Labs). As soon as I put the maps on it went very slow and non responsive also it says I have Nokia Maps (7MB) aswell as Ovi Maps (8MB), should it have both on?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Name calling!!.

I don't know how to help, mate. But I suggest you to use CFW rather than original fw, since there's so much annoying complains.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zulfan_efendi
    I don't know how to help, mate. But I suggest you to use CFW rather than original fw, since there's so much annoying complains.
    bro... u must try cfw too.... its stable... i have tried it... LOL
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    bro... u must try cfw too.... its stable... i have tried it... LOL
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
    rofl.....COPTER !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tuktukscotty
    I updated my firmware to v50 on my 5800.

Not very impressed as now when my contacts ring me it shows there number but not there name even though they are stored to the phone. I have them on phone and sim and have tried switching from one or the other and even having both active but nothing makes any difference. Any ideas on what I need to do? Please someone help me before I break another!!!.

Also:
    It was very slow after the update, and with problems etc so I thought I'd re-install v50 and then hard reset it to see if it helped. Well it did until I started to install stuff back on then it slowed down again. Obviously something I am putting on is disagreeing with it. I've only put on isms 1.03 and maps_installer_3.04_10wk15_b04_s60_5.0.Nocs for my navigation(which I got from Beta Labs). As soon as I put the maps on it went very slow and non responsive also it says I have Nokia Maps (7MB) aswell as Ovi Maps (8MB), should it have both on?.

yes, i have to agree that after i installed isms, it was very laggy and irresponsive. removing isms made it quite faster. i now use the extracted conversations app from SE Vivaz.

And yes, it will have Nokia Maps and Ovi Maps installed.

Hope this helps you out if you don't like custom firmwares.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would love to use CFW but unfortunately I am techi challenged and can't hack my phone nor would have a clue as to how to add the CFW. I know there are tutorials on here but I get scared when I start reading about rofs2 and rofs3 etc as I wouldn't have a bloody clue what it means!.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm just like you mate. Warranty is a huge barrier between me and hacking. If you follow the instruction, I think it will do no harm.