Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default problem with nokia 5800!

Hey Guys this is my first post to you.

First off!!! This is a great forum so good work to all Moderators and all contributing members .

Ok gettin to the point...Just wanted to know if anyone has faced these problems with the Nokia 5800...

1) After copying a few song files to my memcard in a separate folder using mass storage USB connectivity (now i had some MP3 in folder A and some in folder B), I stopped the USB device in the normal way. After removing the cable and going to my all songs folder via the music player, I noticed that a lotta songs had an X bside them and wouldn't play. Refreshing media library hung the phone. restarting the phone (on-off) made the phone work ok but songs issue remained the same.. So I tried to move all songs from the directories into one folder. Still the same error. So I deleted all the songs using mass storage mode again. MEM card is now empty of any mp3. but in the phone's media library one song still shows with an X and will not get deleted!!!

2)Ok fixed the above problem by formatting memory card using windows formatting methods and mem card is wiped clean. I had to re-install all apps and I kept on getting message that this app exists on the E:\ and will be replaced. When i just formatted the card how is this happening i wonder...

3) I had put all my games icons into a games folder and placed that folder in my menu so i didnt have to go to applications and then games folder. Recently i was fiddling with my home screen theme settings (changing from Contacts bar to shortcuts bar and what not.) Then i noticed that all games icons had relocated/ moved from Games folder to applications folder. RE-ORGANIZING IS A PAIN since i have at least 32 games in the phone!!! (planning to put more)

4) I'm using a custom profile and cannot see current date under the operator's name. I read on nokia forums that the date shows only in general profile and not anyother.... that sux so if anyone has found a way out...

Phew!!!! SO if any1 has faced these probs, pls tell me how they happened and if any app to make re-oraganizing easy exists provide links.

If these questions have been anserwed before pls provide links too.

Thanks y'all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: problem with nokia 5800!

Welcome aboard, mate.
    Well, if you still using Nokia's mmc, scan it with your pc everytime after you transferred data. It will fix your corrupted files.
    Your icon will be change if you installed it in mmc, only after you remove the mmc and then insert it again. There should be no change if you only change your personal setting.
    The date will show up from time to time in another profile beside general. It just there's no setting that user can arrange.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Dear Zulfan,
    Thanks for the reply. Mind tellin me what MMC is full form of Noobish question from a noob.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1. A simple refresh in the mediaplayer should solve this (to late now).
    2. The information about what is installed where is stored in C: (the phone's internal memory).
    3. Something else must have triggered it, else it's a bug.
    4. That's the way it is. But just change the general profile to fit your needs, that's how everyone else does it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alden_andrade
    Mind tellin me what MMC is full form of
    Forgive me, my English wasn't good enough. Would you explain what is it mean?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

he means what does MMC mean I think.

MMC = mass memory card.