Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default 5800 XM: How to backup contacts images and sound associations at high res?

Hi all,

does someone knows which are the paths and the file where contacts and images/sound associations are stored?

I am asking this because the standard phone backup does not backup images at full resolution, instead it does a backup of thumbs.

Thank you very much!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 XM: How to backup contacts images and sound associations at high res?

It backs up thumbs because the links are broken. But if you made the contacts using Ovi Suite, the images are embedded into the contact file and backing them up would not matter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 XM: How to backup contacts images and sound associations at high res?

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    It backs up thumbs because the links are broken. But if you made the contacts using Ovi Suite, the images are embedded into the contact file and backing them up would not matter.
    Thanks chan,

are you sure that images are embedded at original res?

Anyway, I would prefer to mantain the link to the file, leaving the contacts free, because often I use the same image for many contacts and embedding would cause uselessly growing up my contact file.

Does you know where links are stored?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, the images are embedded. I dont have any contact images on my phone, they're all in my PC, yet when a contact calls, his/her picture fills the screen.

Sorry, I dont know where the links are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, the images are embedded. I dont have any contact images on my phone, they're all in my PC, yet when a contact calls, his/her picture fills the screen.

Sorry, I dont know where the links are.
    Thanks again, you are very kind. I hope that someone knows where the links are stored.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hmmm.. weird. Doesn't work with my Ovi Suite. Have you adjusted the settings somehow and how do you add the picture to the corresponding contact? No matter how I try to add the pictures they'll still small on the phone.

If I manually add a contact picture on the phone it will also become small after the next sync.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tropicaltuna
    Hmmm.. weird. Doesn't work with my Ovi Suite. Have you adjusted the settings somehow and how do you add the picture to the corresponding contact? No matter how I try to add the pictures they'll still small on the phone.

If I manually add a contact picture on the phone it will also become small after the next sync.
    Open Contacts on Ovi Suite, then below the image of the contact, I select change, then select the picture from my folders in my PC, then save the contact. I sync it to my phone afterwards. Of course you do this on the contacts saved on ovi suite, meaning you already have synced it before. You can do this even if there is no phone connected to the PC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Open Contacts on Ovi Suite, then below the image of the contact, I select change, then select the picture from my folders in my PC, then save the contact. I sync it to my phone afterwards. Of course you do this on the contacts saved on ovi suite, meaning you already have synced it before. You can do this even if there is no phone connected to the PC.
    Thanks for the help, but I've already tried this. Although this is a fast way to add contact pictures (compared on the phone), the pictures' sizes are still small (i.e. thumbnailsized).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am getting this same problem..everytime I back up via PC or Ovi Sync the contact images are replaced with low resolution ones and I have to re-assign my images to contacts everytime I backup...very annoying! I contacted Nokia Care..but no reponse yet..has been a week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, your guy's situations are odd. If I embed them using Ovi Suite, even if there are no image files on my phone, I get nice clear images in my contacts which can be seen when they call, filling up the middle 2 quarters of the screen, dependent upon the resolution ratio (rectangular pic, or square, etc).

What are the resolutions of the pictures themselves anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast