Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Default GPS stopped working.

Day i bought my 5800 , it had that old 30.1.08 FW or something like that, then i updated to that 40.0.05 , and then after update my GPS didn't worked anymore :S. Like i've tryed many programs. I got all maps and such stuff, still don't work.
    I've tryed Ovi maps, TomTom, nothing doesn't help.

I've tryed it outside, and i am like very close to my town's Satellite, but my phone says no GPS found. Like What's problem ? With cash i can check my position :S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: GPS stopped working.

try updating the ovi maps software n if dat doesnt work then its a problem with ur antenna...

Anyway this is the wrong thread to post this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Uh, your town's satellite? what are you talking about? The GPS satellites are owned by the US army and they're floating in outer space. LOL.

Anyway, you're in the wrong sub board.

Go to Menu>Apps>Location>GPS Data>Position>Options>Satellite Status. You'll see there if you're picking up signals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@caspar,

That section is for posting apps.
    Topic moved from Apps to S60V5 forum.

How did you update your FW? Was it meant for your PC? Or did you flash it with some CFW?

I used PNHT hacking method. I think hacking didn't did anything. I had this problem weeks before hacking too. I updated FW with Nokia tools.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You said above that after updating the FW to v40 GPS refused to work.
    I would try to flash it with a regular FW v40 that is associated with a generic code (like EURO1 RED). If GPS still refuses to work, then there is a chance of the faulty unit (take it to Nokia Service Center).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

there has been instances where a few ppl have drop their unit and the antenna has detached itself the main board, its because the antenna isnt actually soldered on but just stuck on by a sticker if you, for any reason, dont want to take it to get serviced, u can open it up with T6 screwdriver and press down on the sticker with ur finger.

There are youtube videos on this and even videos on how to upgrade the antenna with a length of copper wire.

My phone got never dropped higher than 20 cm. And i think nokia guarantee doesn't take that phone back, cuz i've hacked that. Hacking should break the guarantee ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

not really... If you debranded it, just brand it back and do a hard rest... Im pretty sure the cooked fw wen u do a hard reset it goes back to normal. Or just flash it back to the original to be sure...

I wouldnt bother taking my n97 to get serviced coz it would take way too long and all they do is a upgrade or hard reset anyway... If its with hardware u have to send it away. And they have a policy: if u send it away 5 times they have to provide a brand new unit... 5 times 1-3 months... I wouldnt even bother... U should go to the shop u got it from or do it urself to save u time and frustration