Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    179
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (n5800XM)

    Each time I Uninstall any application from my Nokia 5800XM it always corrupts my files from MMC like images, videos, and other installed applications.. I'm using the Nokia 8gb Micro SDHC Card ..

    Can you Help me guys? I'm totally frustrated right now.. Thank You..


  2. #2
    Senior Member zulfan_efendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,478
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = MMC Corrupted

    Where do you instal your apps? C:\ or E:\ ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = MMC Corrupted

    Seems like the card was corrupted to begin with. Furthermore, there is a virtual limit to how many apps you can install on the card, dependent upon card class. The Nokia cards I think are Class4, but some say its Class 2.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    179
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = MMC Corrupted

    Quote Originally Posted by zulfan_efendi
    Where do you instal your apps? C:\ or E:\ ?
    thx.. mostly on E:\

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    179
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = MMC Corrupted

    Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    Seems like the card was corrupted to begin with. Furthermore, there is a virtual limit to how many apps you can install on the card, dependent upon card class. The Nokia cards I think are Class4, but some say its Class 2.
    thx.. what brand of microSD is better?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (Nokia 5800XM)

    Doesnt matter what brand. What's important is the card class. SanDisk for example is a good brand, but the virtual limit would depend on whether its a SanDisk class2, SanDiks Class4 or SanDisk class 6. Other brands have a class 10. From what I have encountered, a class2 card can allow up to around 40 installed apps, dependent upon apps of course.

    I think the default Nokia cards are class2.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    179
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (Nokia 5800XM)

    Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    Doesnt matter what brand. What's important is the card class. SanDisk for example is a good brand, but the virtual limit would depend on whether its a SanDisk class2, SanDiks Class4 or SanDisk class 6. Other brands have a class 10. From what I have encountered, a class2 card can allow up to around 40 installed apps, dependent upon apps of course.

    I think the default Nokia cards are class2.
    thanks mate, but here the only available is class 2 SanDisk?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (Nokia 5800XM)

    where do you live? If you're from the Philippines as your name and avatar suggests you are, dont look for those in CD-R king and those kinds of stores. I remember seeing a Ridata Class 6 somewhere in Glorietta, or was it GreenBelt?...Basta doon. ^_^

    Note however, a Class 6 card is at least twice as expensive as a Class 2 card. I'd expect more actually.


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    179
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (Nokia 5800XM)

    Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    where do you live? If you're from the Philippines as your name and avatar suggests you are, dont look for those in CD-R king and those kinds of stores. I remember seeing a Ridata Class 6 somewhere in Glorietta, or was it GreenBelt?...Basta doon. ^_^

    Note however, a Class 6 card is at least twice as expensive as a Class 2 card. I'd expect more actually.

    In CD-R king they have Kingmax 8gb Class 6 or should I purchase the SanDisk 8gb Class 2? Same price sila.. Salamat..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HELP: Uninstall Apps = microSD Corrupted (Nokia 5800XM)

    KingMax is a china brand who make batteries and stuff for phones right? Personally, I'd think twice. If you're willing to take the risk with China stuff. I mean they sell china phones stating these things have 3.2mp cameras when they dont actually.

    Oh yeah, forgot. Sure its class 6? Last time I went to CD-R asking for class 6, they looked at me as if I was speaking in an alien language.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cant uninstall apps after flashing CFW
    By doctorly in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM
  2. corrupted theme on 5800, can't uninstall
    By idanftf in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
  3. how can I uninstall built in apps from my n97 ?
    By magamer in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
  4. how to fix a corrupted microsd ?!?
    By igoodbyes in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:53 AM
  5. i cannot uninstall installed apps
    By blagojce01 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •