Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default [5530\5800]Assign key to the application

Hi,

is there any way to assign hardware key to the application? lets say i have small mlock application which locks the screen just by touching the screen, but i want to do it with multimedia key or other key on the phone (green, white, red). i know for some nokia phones such operation is available, but cannot find such option on my 5530.

thanks,
    Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [5530\5800]Assign key to the application

You cant. The 5530 doesnt have any hardware keys apart from the camera, volume and power keys.

The green, menu, red and media keys on 5530 are touch sensitive, not hardware. Furthermore, no Nokia phone can change the function for green key or red key. The softkeys above them yes, but not them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what do you mean by 'softkeys above them"? i assume 'them' means green, white, red keys.

thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

On the 5530 and 5800, there are no softkeys. I was referring to non touch phones, there are two buttons with white icons above the green and call keys which may be set as shortcuts to other applications from homescreen. But on the 5800 and 5530, it is not possible as they dont have these keys. The green and red keys functions are also non changeable in any phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    On the 5530 and 5800, there are no softkeys. I was referring to non touch phones, there are two buttons with white icons above the green and call keys which may be set as shortcuts to other applications from homescreen. But on the 5800 and 5530, it is not possible as they dont have these keys. The green and red keys functions are also non changeable in any phone.
    5800 has "buttons" for green, white and red. While 5530 has touch sensitive buttons for green, white and red.

it is possible still to assign a key to open up an app. im using gdesk and it can assign a 'shortcut' a designated button which i made the "green" button to oepn up dialer.

As for an app dedicated to assign buttons, im not sure if there are any apps for this. But some keylock related apps does have assigning button optio to unlock and unluck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

But the 5530 does not have "buttons" they're like touch sensitive keys like the one on the moto e8.

Hmm, I was thinking more in the lines of softkeys. The menu button is assignable as a shortcut, bit for a limited number of apps.

The customization for those buttons is app dependent and not user dependent as the OP seems to want.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    But the 5530 does not have "buttons" they're like touch sensitive keys like the one on the moto e8.

Hmm, I was thinking more in the lines of softkeys. The menu button is assignable as a shortcut, bit for a limited number of apps.

The customization for those buttons is app dependent and not user dependent as the OP seems to want.
    yup i agree Nokia doesnt allow customizing the buttons and customizing buttons seems to be app dependent as well.

but i think the OP wanted the "lock slider hardware key/screen tap" be replaced by the "multimedia" key which i read somewhere here that a certain "keylock app" that can replace the "lock slider hardware key" or whatever to a certain button command like double tapping green, shacking the phone, etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, but he still cant assign to any key except the menu key. There's a lock app that does that. Not free though.