Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default not able to access loudspeaker, dialer, etc...

hi... i have a nokia 5800 v40. since yesterday i am not able to access the functions of the touch screen only when i'm getting an incoming call or when i'm calling someone other than this issue i cant stop the alarm (even when the phone is locked or unlocked). i can only answer or reject a call through the green and red buttons on the phone. The touch screen seems to work perfectly though(may sound a lil confusing but thats the fact). i've hard reset the phone but still have the same problem(cant use the screen when i'm on a call).
    Does anyone have a solution for this
    Thanks !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: not able to access loudspeaker, dialer, etc...

Thats strange
    1. I think your proximity sensor is blocked. Any protective tape over it?
    Thats why u might not be able to use touchscreen during a call

2. Keypads dont work?
    Do a hardreset with buttons... Maybe some silly soft conflict

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheonlypirate
    hi... i have a nokia 5800 v40. since yesterday i am not able to access the functions of the touch screen only when i'm getting an incoming call or when i'm calling someone other than this issue i cant stop the alarm (even when the phone is locked or unlocked). i can only answer or reject a call through the green and red buttons on the phone. The touch screen seems to work perfectly though(may sound a lil confusing but thats the fact). i've hard reset the phone but still have the same problem(cant use the screen when i'm on a call).
    Does anyone have a solution for this
    Thanks !!
    i also had a similar experience before. i bought a case from a third party dealer and it was not fit enough that it was blocking the proximity sensor. so upakul is right, you must remove all that is blocking the proximity sensor. it is the small metallic strip right above the words express music and in between the earpiece and the secondary, front camera.

hope this helps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    i also had a similar experience before. i bought a case from a third party dealer and it was not fit enough that it was blocking the proximity sensor. so upakul is right, you must remove all that is blocking the proximity sensor. it is the small metallic strip right above the words express music and in between the earpiece and the secondary, front camera.

hope this helps.
    try this... i had done same when i faced some part of problem of keypad issue.