Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: N97 - Wierd bug and the solution

Quote Originally Posted by robhull1
    Had this problem myself. When the screen is facing inwards onto your thigh it gets warmed up and your leg presses the screen in and makes it stick. When you take out your phone the screen is still pressed in due to warmth and the phone recognises this as a continuous touch on the screen so no other touch will work. You have to wait about a minute for the screen to unstick. You will see as the screen unsticks that the phone will register being touched in different areas (shown as a small blue circle or highlighted application).

Unless you have a really cold thigh your goint to either keep your phone facing the other way or start putting your phone in a different pocket (which is silly if your phone is in silent mode on vibrate).

I never used to have this problem when I first got my N97 as it stayed in my trouser pocket for most of the day at work, it just stuck one day and kept getting on my nerves (It now resides in my coat pocket which is not ideal).
    Ahh, now it makes sense!

What a bug! It's all in the hardware then and it can't be solved? The handset is simply ment to be in a case or in a cold, loose pocket... Haha This is a 600Euro-phone...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The worst problem was seeing something good to photograph and then pulling your phone out and having to wait about a minute before you can take a picture. By that time the subject could have moved away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by miloudot
    Ahh, now it makes sense!

What a bug! It's all in the hardware then and it can't be solved? The handset is simply ment to be in a case or in a cold, loose pocket... Haha This is a 600Euro-phone...
    ha haha wait what? does it make sense to you cuz im totally in the dark. really could it be that the phone takes to much preasure? no it can't be can it?
    i mean i have the same jeans as when i bought it... man i don't know. today it has become non responsive three times but since reading your post i just put it on the table and left it alone for a couple of mins and it went back to normal....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is exactly the problem I had, and after reading several other posts on the nokia discussions forums, there were quite a few others who had this issue that sent their N97 away for repair due to this issue, and had no further problems since getting their phone back.

I did the same, sent my phone back to 3 (UK) on the Monday & got it back Wednesday morning, and haven't had the problem since, so to me, I'm pretty certain it's a hardware issue that's easily repairable under warranty....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

maybe there's something with your leg lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by n_kamran_n
    maybe there's something with your leg lol
    doubt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12