Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Cannot access "insalled apps." Nokia 5800 V40

Hi,

I have Nokia 5800 , un-hacked, un-branded with version 40.0.005 and I have a problem
    When I try to access menu --> settings --> Application mgr. --> installed apps. = the phone goes black screen , and after a few seconds goes back to the Application manager screen.

This renders uninsatallation of applications - impossible.
    I have used a utility called "batch uninstaller" which seem to have worked ok for a while , but now uninstall from within that app does not work also.

Any ideas?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Cannot access "insalled apps." Nokia 5800 V40

You have to many apps installed, so the phone cant list them all up. To enter the "Install. Apps" again you need to deinstall some apps. For this go into the menu, then click "Options", then the third from the top (in German "Ordnen" i dont know how its called in englisch but the positions is the same), now click on the app to uninstall and say "options" and then "delete". In this way you can uninstall apps. When you deleted enough, then you can open "Install. Apps" again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by f1r3m@n
    You have to many apps installed, so the phone cant list them all up. To enter the "Install. Apps" again you need to deinstall some apps. For this go into the menu, then click "Options", then the third from the top (in German "Ordnen" i dont know how its called in englisch but the positions is the same), now click on the app to uninstall and say "options" and then "delete". In this way you can uninstall apps. When you deleted enough, then you can open "Install. Apps" again.
    he means removing apps in menu by turning on the organise function, selecting the app then press option>>remove

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, I admit having tens of tens of apps installed, and I have used your tip and uninstalled quiet a few apps and now its works OK! thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

you can also just re-install the application that you need to change the settings (re-install to phone memory), and to change application settings, remove memory card and then you can change settings for that app.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by f1r3m@n
    I have the same problem with my 5230 and I have tons of apps installed but I dont want to uninstall them.

Is there any other way (a utility or something).

Thanx.