Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Theme design - Please view

To start with it's a WIP (Work in Progress). I asked what you thought of it so far.

You're being ignorant. It's not about the pop up menu. It's about the two menu bars that I've designed, the colour scheme and the scroll bar that I'm still working on. All of those attributes are going to be shown throughout every single page on the phone more or less, so you can get an idea of what the theme will be like by looking at the picture on your phone.

You'll probably take this completely the wrong way, but there's not that many top-quality themes for the Nokia 5800, there really isn't. And the design that I've produced, although there's not much to it, is smooth and professional and looks great when you view it on the phone. That's all I'm trying to achieve. This was just a teaser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

That pic is not even close to useful mate. It currently just reminds me of one the default N97 themes.

People are interested in the small things, and also how the HS looks. If the HS is crap then that alone will often put people off. What kind of icons are you considering?

Personally I like fairly basic themes as a rule, speed and clarity are important to me. You should create a mock up of the HS, that will get people interested.

Oh and btw, I think we are fairly confident we understand the concept of a WIP, sarcasm will win you no friends.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rk2009
    To start with it's a WIP (Work in Progress). I asked what you thought of it so far.

You're being ignorant. It's not about the pop up menu. It's about the two menu bars that I've designed, the colour scheme and the scroll bar that I'm still working on. All of those attributes are going to be shown throughout every single page on the phone more or less, so you can get an idea of what the theme will be like by looking at the picture on your phone.

You'll probably take this completely the wrong way, but there's not that many top-quality themes for the Nokia 5800, there really isn't. And the design that I've produced, although there's not much to it, is smooth and professional and looks great when you view it on the phone. That's all I'm trying to achieve. This was just a teaser.
    Once again, even if your two menu bars looks nice, if the rest of the theme (and mainly the homescreen, yes) looks like crap, then your theme will actually be crap. So, one single teaser is just not enough to judge your work. It is a WIP, we are aware of that, but you should keep working on that and show us a future and more accomplished stage.

About the 2nd paragraph, I totally agree with you. There is not much GOOD themes for 5800. I don't even say "great" themes. Just "good". And I appreciate when someone like you try to create something different of everything else. I also got this idea in mind this morning, when viewing a tech/gadgets magazine. I saw a TV screen with a great minimalist menu design and I would love to adapt it to our mobilephone. First thing I gonna do is make a whole mockup under Photoshop and then try to turn it real in Carbide.

My post wasn't criticism, and I encourage you to keep on. But you have to admit that you gave us pretty much nothing yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

For me to carry on I need someone to code it to make it easier to put the screen shots together when I'm designing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No way are we being ignorant, we're being truthful...and now your telling us about Menu and scroll bars what we can't see.

Regarding quality themes I've got many top quality themes for my 5800, i can list them if you want?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

List them i need some too

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G
    No way are we being ignorant, we're being truthful...and now your telling us about Menu and scroll bars what we can't see.

Regarding quality themes I've got many top quality themes for my 5800, i can list them if you want?
    You're being ignorant to the fact that this was just something to give you an idea about what the theme will look like. You're saying that this image does not give you an idea of what the theme will look like when it blatantly will due to the fact that the gradients that I've designed will be used all the way through the theme. That's how you're being ignorant. You're saying that the image I provided gives you NOTHING to go on... that's bs.

You can list them if you wish, but I guarantee I'll spot flaws in each of them, and then you'll take that as arrogance instead of taking it as criticism from a designer who knows what he's talking about and has made lots of money online from his work.

Just because I have very little posts here doesn't mean I'm a noob who knows nothing. I'm a graphics designer and I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Then you should post more consistent stuff. I'm sorry, but the point is still the same. Even if your image can give us an idea of what it can be when done, it doesn't tell us AT ALL if yes or not your theme will be great. The simple fact of thinking about my future house before it's built doesn't tell me exactly how it will looks after the work done. It is a stupid example but I think you understand it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You're being ignorant to the fact that this was just something to give you an idea about what the theme will look like. You're saying that this image does not give you an idea of what the theme will look like when it blatantly will due to the fact that the gradients that I've designed will be used all the way through the theme. That's how you're being ignorant. You're saying that the image I provided gives you NOTHING to go on... that's bs.

You can list them if you wish, but I guarantee I'll spot flaws in each of them, and then you'll take that as arrogance instead of taking it as criticism from a designer who knows what he's talking about and has made lots of money online from his work.

Just because I have very little posts here doesn't mean I'm a noob who knows nothing. I'm a graphics designer and I know what I'm talking about.
    Yes i'll say it again the image does give me nothing to go on.All i know is that its a black theme, like we need more of those!

Did i ever call you a Noob, NO.
    Did i say you know nothing, NO.

So your a Graphics Designer who knows what he's talking about.I've run and co-run several succesful Theme sites since 2004, so regarding themes, i know what i'm talking about!

And I don't care how much money you've earnt from work online, that comment was not really needed, like we care!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G
    Yes i'll say it again the image does give me nothing to go on.All i know is that its a black theme, like we need more of those!

Did i ever call you a Noob, NO.
    Did i say you know nothing, NO.

So your a Graphics Designer who knows what he's talking about.I've run and co-run several succesful Theme sites since 2004, so regarding themes, i know what i'm talking about!

And I don't care how much money you've earnt from work online, that comment was not really needed, like we care!
    You can't be serious if you think the image doesn't give you a hint of what the theme will look like. I don't care how many people here agree with you, the gradients on the graphic will run through the whole theme... so you're pretty much looking at the theme! If I designed the homescreen, I'd be pretty much designing the dialer/contact buttons and the clock, so how would that be any more useful? It wouldn't. I'd be keeping the default icons, because I like them, so if I designed the menu page, the only thing that would be different is the bar at the bottom which would have "Options" and "Exit" on... and you can see that bar on the image I posted already! Which is what I was trying to say when I said this gives you an idea of what the whole theme will be like. If you look at that image and just see it as a "black theme", then you're very narrow minded.

I don't think you do know what you're talking about when it comes to themes, the themes you post are awful 95% of the time. Sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast