Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Built In File Manager 'Crashing'

My built in File Manager is crashing and doesnt respond when I am installing something. I realized that it crashes or does not respond when the pop-up window where you choose phone or memory card to install or move should appear.

When I try to move or copy a file, the file manager crashes out and closes. (pop-up should appear)
    When i try to isntall, it can continue until the pop-up and nothing happens.

When i use X-plore to copy or move or whatever, it does the job, so i dont think this is a memory card issue being corrupt or not.

Anyone knows how to fix this? I did a few things but i dont know what the real fix is. I tried removing memory card, shutting off phone, uninstalling files... then after that i can install now. This happened to me twice now when the forum was down so i dont really know whats wrong with it.

Anyone else having this problem or a 'real' way to fix this without 'hard reset'?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Built In File Manager 'Crashing'

Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    My built in File Manager is crashing and doesnt respond when I am installing something. I realized that it crashes or does not respond when the pop-up window where you choose phone or memory card to install or move should appear.

When I try to move or copy a file, the file manager crashes out and closes. (pop-up should appear)
    When i try to isntall, it can continue until the pop-up and nothing happens.

When i use X-plore to copy or move or whatever, it does the job, so i dont think this is a memory card issue being corrupt or not.

Anyone knows how to fix this? I did a few things but i dont know what the real fix is. I tried removing memory card, shutting off phone, uninstalling files... then after that i can install now. This happened to me twice now when the forum was down so i dont really know whats wrong with it.

Anyone else having this problem or a 'real' way to fix this without 'hard reset'?
    other than the hard reset, u have pretty low chances of solving your issue . you can try soft reset tho which wont delete your files but restore back phones original factory settings. to access soft reset option. goto

menu > settings > phone > phone mgmt > factory settings.

but i doubt this might be of much help, still good luck.