Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default 5800xm bt power usage

Hello, I searched a bit and found not much, but some info on the board regarding BT power usage.

The "problem" I have is that when I have a BT handsfree paired to the phone, I get really low standbytime on the phone.. Of course I understand that BT uses power, but that much? I tried once and couldnt go a day(24h) before the phone battery needed charging...

Is this normal power usage for this sort of usage of BT? IS there something one could do to minimize the powerusage _while still_ have the handsfree paired?

I saw some suggestions 1) dont have active connection(pairing?) all the time and 2) use a program to switch on BT with a touch.

Well, kind of defeats the purpouse of a handsfree right? having to fiddle with the phone to pair the devices when a call is incoming or start BT all together?

I have a friend whose SE works like it tears down the pairing after some time of idle, and when a call is incoming, it tries to automaticly pair the phone to the handsfree, that would be a great function and powersaving feature for this phone to!

Dont know if my question got through but hope so

//
    Daniel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800xm bt power usage

your BT headset should have 'sleep mode'. Mine has one and its the cheapest Jabra BT headset Jabra BT2040. That headset turns the speaker off when its not in use and turns itselft on when phone rings or a text message. I am not sure if BT does use less energy when it has something connected or no to it...

There is an easy way to turn off or turn on your BT. Hold the green button and when you hear the 'beep' say 'Bluetooth' and it will turn on or off. You can also use your BT headset to turn off the BT by pressing tis dedicated button too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800xm bt power usage

My headset is Nokias own BH-104