Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Screen problem in 5800 v40

After updating to v40.0.005 my screen had that dead screen thing going on (whole screen had vertical lines and after that totally blurred out screen). So i got the screen replaced from nokia care centre. But after a day i started noticing horizontal lines which are visible when you've set the display brightness (light sensor) to the highest. These lines are more like flickering and not constant at any one place. They move from the top to the bottom of the screen very frequently so you can't locate them easily. Best way to see these lines is to open up the numeric keypad in messaging and stare at the screen. Also if you open the main menu and press options. First I thought it was only my phone, but yesterday I checked my friend's 5800 and he has the same problem after updating to v40. Now I'm sure that this is a firmware problem and not the display itself. I think if I downgrade to v31 (which is possible) then the display would be fine. I have done hard reset so that's not gonna solve it. Nokia should fix this issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Screen problem in 5800 v40

Quote Originally Posted by driq
    After updating to v40.0.005 my screen had that dead screen thing going on (whole screen had vertical lines and after that totally blurred out screen). So i got the screen replaced from nokia care centre. But after a day i started noticing horizontal lines which are visible when you've set the display brightness (light sensor) to the highest. These lines are more like flickering and not constant at any one place. They move from the top to the bottom of the screen very frequently so you can't locate them easily. Best way to see these lines is to open up the numeric keypad in messaging and stare at the screen. Also if you open the main menu and press options. First I thought it was only my phone, but yesterday I checked my friend's 5800 and he has the same problem after updating to v40. Now I'm sure that this is a firmware problem and not the display itself. I think if I downgrade to v31 (which is possible) then the display would be fine. I have done hard reset so that's not gonna solve it. Nokia should fix this issue.
    It happened to me to.... dunno why. I had replaced my lcd 6 months ago... then it happened again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hey guys then should i udate my firmware

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by im2010
    hey guys then should i udate my firmware
    Don't hi-jack the topic please!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hey same here i have got this problem too..but just that it haven't died on me yet..i made a feedback to nokiacare in my country and they told me to remove my battery for 5 minutes then putting it back again.If the issue persist i should go to nokia care already..