Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,399
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Also clearing up in messages will help. Especially MMSes, bt-files and emails take up lots of space.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by andnewman
    Also clearing up in messages will help. Especially MMSes, bt-files and emails take up lots of space.
    Thanks, everyone, for the advice. Deleting the temp files did give me back a couple of KBs, but the best was from andnewman! I had about 300 messages in total stored (inbox, outbox and sent). Had about 9.6 MB before deleting them, now 60.6 MB!

    THANKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,509
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by thirucumaran
    I had about 300 messages in total stored (inbox, outbox and sent). Had about 9.6 MB before deleting them, now 60.6 MB!

    THANKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought that would have been the most obvious thing to do before even asking here.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    84
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    How can I have the cache saved on the memory card in stead of the phone memory ? is there any way ? I can't find it in the browser settings.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    801
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by xxPTo
    Well, FYI i upgraded Maps but when checking installed apps found that i had both Nokia Maps (9MB) and Ovi Maps (7MB) and both the same version.
    Just uninstalled Nokia Maps and got +9MB free....
    when i uninstalled nokia maps i went to the older maps.
    had to upgrade the map app again but again i got both nokia maps (9mb) and ovi maps (7mb)

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,509
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by vahram
    How can I have the cache saved on the memory card in stead of the phone memory ? is there any way ? I can't find it in the browser settings.
    There is no settings for that, thats why you can't find them..

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by tshrjain
    when i uninstalled nokia maps i went to the older maps.
    had to upgrade the map app again but again i got both nokia maps (9mb) and ovi maps (7mb)
    Well... my problem is similar but having just Nokia Maps (the latest)
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,18105.0.html

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    @tshrjain, @xxPTo,
    1. Remove all maps apps that you see in Applications Manger
    2. Delete E:\Cities folder
    3. Use SW Update on phone Menu to download and install Nokia Maps
    Now you should have only one Maps application (about 9MB).

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Freeing up phone memory

    Quote Originally Posted by usta
    @tshrjain, @xxPTo,
    1. Remove all maps apps that you see in Applications Manger
    2. Delete E:\Cities folder
    3. Use SW Update on phone Menu to download and install Nokia Maps
    Now you should have only one Maps application (about 9MB).
    Thats exactly what i did... and i only have one Maps app installed.
    Has you can see in the topic i linked to, it's a bit different from that.
    But thank you anyway


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. how to copy messages from phone memory to memory card?
    By bouboum16 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
  2. Freeing up space on phone memory
    By denni2579 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 01:24 PM
  3. Transfer messages from Memory Card to Phone Memory 5800XM
    By skillnessman in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 11:57 AM
  4. Guide to freeing up your S60 internal memory...
    By NokiApp in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 08:11 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •