Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 is very well build!! :D

N95 is a bad example, it has a really breakable screen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hmmm...had my phone dropped about 7 feet on to solid concrete the first month i had it. 6 months later, there's only a minor scratch and really bad speakers, which i will get fixed soon...i'm loving this phone now!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

have a look at this: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...w1MDihF2115Oyw

These are a series of test that show how strong the 5800 really is

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My friend's 5800 had fall about 3 times, but never had a problem! Just the screen problem, the screen problem i mean is the bug can fix with v50, this make me like 5800 too! But it's too expensive for me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yokam888
    LOL ^_^ i better start dropping my 5800
    haha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

nokia has the BEST really the best hardware
    but crappy software -.-
    so we need mods

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Anden
    I just have to congratulate Nokia for doing such a great job building their phones!
    Today i dropped my 1 years old nokia 5800 from about three meters, down to a stonefloor..
    It landed with the screen downwards, the batterylid fell of and it really sounded like if the phone had
    cracked in many parts

But amazingly it had survived the fall without taking any damage at all, first the unlock
    button was stacked and the power-button loose. but i pushed them into place and know it all works without any problems at all

(my friend reasently dropped his Iphone from about one meter on to a wooden floor and the screen cracked completely )
    Well I had HTC's S710 before my 5800 and it fell only once from my hand and its screen had a big crack whereas my 5800 has fallen from my hand many times its in perfectly fine so scratches.
    This is not all once in the gym by mistake a dumble fell from my hand on to my 5800, dumble was 20kg and it fell from about 2 feet and fell directly on my 5800 which was in my default nokia casing. Guess what thank God not even a scratch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185
    Well I had HTC's S710 before my 5800 and it fell only once from my hand and its screen had a big crack whereas my 5800 has fallen from my hand many times its in perfectly fine so scratches.
    This is not all once in the gym by mistake a dumble fell from my hand on to my 5800, dumble was 20kg and it fell from about 2 feet and fell directly on my 5800 which was in my default nokia casing. Guess what thank God not even a scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185
    HTC phones have glass touch screens and very firmly build that's why they r very soft phones.......they r for people who care much for their phones and really love their phones..........so HTC phones r not for RUFF and TUFF users

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by srbhvatsa
    HTC phones have glass touch screens and very firmly build that's why they r very soft phones.......they r for people who care much for their phones and really love their phones..........so HTC phones r not for RUFF and TUFF users
    Yeah users who put shock absorbers on their phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've always used a screen protector and a silicon case for my 5800XM...and it hasn't a scratch in the 18 months I've used it as my primary phone. This includes dropping it more than a few times on our tiled floors as well as 3 or 4 hard drops on the driveway. Recently changed the case to the OtterBox Commuter...which reduces the bulkiness of a silicon case by using a thinner silicon interior case an a very thin but strong exterior plastic. Phones feels great and with this new system I cannot hear any plastic creaking noises from the 5800 chassis. With the new Firmware (50.0.005.C01.01), the phone is also very stable...even with 140 apps and only 12MB left on the c drive. When I had FW 20...it seemed I would have to remove the battery at least once a week due to a white screen. This hasn't happened over the last three FW revisions (31, 40, 50). Great job Nokia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast