Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default My first problem on Nokia 5800XM.

Hi, i have been using Nokia 5800XM since march 2009, and i didn't have any problems till 3 days ago. What happened is that somehow after i copied some music from my PC to my phone, the phone restarted on its own and after the restart i noticed that there are no shortcut icons on my display. I tried to change the home screen theme and set it on contact bar or basic, but still when i changed back to the shortcut bar it won't show any icons. When i select them i see their highlight but i don't get any applications open neither bookmarks.

If anyone knows a solution please PM me or just reply, i have never seen someone having this kind of a problem before so i don't want to try anything on my own.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: My first problem on Nokia 5800XM.

Soft-reset usually fixes odd problems like these. Nokia s60v5 phones seem to do things like this all the time.

Personal strange problems:
    1 Sometimes music player can't play anything, fix is to play one mp3 through file manager, then restart the music player.
    2 The Email display on the homescreen disappears other than an empty useless box, fix is to soft-reset.
    3 Java Runtime 2.0 needs to be reinstalled every time your turn the phone off. No fix for this one.
    4 Default web browser quits unexpectedly, even when loading basic html and mobile pages. No fix.

So as you can see, Nokia s60v5 devices can leave you asking "What the hell?" in many ways!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had that a bunch of times, and it always happened after a pc connection. do a backup, close the phone, remove the MMC, do a hard reset, put the MMC back, and restore the backup. some apps won't be restored, but most will. there's also another easier method if you have a hacked device.

I found out that in order to avoid it from happening again, after you "disarm" the usb connection, let the device idle for a minute or so, before using it again (or turning on the display).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Alright, thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate your help.