Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem gps ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: problem gps ...

Quote Originally Posted by koshko0
    how disable
    how disable network gps ? Thanx for reply !

tusharmax , what network use you ?

disabling  assisted and network gps . For me doesn't work.
    1) My service provider i.e. network connection is "Airtel"

2) to disable network or assisted gps
    Menu >Applications > GPS  > GPS data and Options > Positioning settings > Positioning methods > Assisted GPS > Disable.  (same for network gps)

you can check ya gps performance after disabling any of the option and after rebooting your phone.
    compare ya results after ; disabling options one by one / keeping one option enabled/ enabling all the options.

in no case disable integrated gps  :P

check this for for better reasoning
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,14231.0.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas1975
    For you and for most of the people.  

If I use the GPS at least once a week (after using every day for a week), I get a fast GPS signal without AGPS.  If I restart the phone or stop using GPS, I'll have a hard time to get a signal without AGPS next time.
    In ideal cases  YES although it might cause redundancy too and i'll tell you why

case 1

when you fire on gps  the phone would try and  connect with agps first i.e. connecting via available internet connection   which can be through gprs,wifi,3g. A faster connection like 3g /wifi would fetch you instant satellites but for gprs its not the same case especially if your provider doesnt use EDGE protocol class 12 data transmission, resulting into latency. the latency would  cause more time wastage in getting results from agps and by the time the fone starts using integrated gps help 5-6 secs (in some cases nearly a minute) are allready spent over  each option i.e agps , integrated gps.

if the service providers network solution is terrible, the results for getting satellite info via network assisted would laggy too ( check the link in my above post)

case 2

A good amount of time is spent on each of the options starting with assisted gps. what if the phone does not have any internet connection at all, but yet the phone would try and waste couple of secs in establishing connection with agps if ya agps is enabled.

hence its obvious if you disable agps and network gps it MIGHT increase ya gps performance. As their wont be any delay in looking out satellites via other options as only integrated solution would be used.

Hence i recommend this solution if u have a horrible service provider with a terrible network coverage and / or internet facility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i try all ... no chance ... I give up .. wait a few years) ... or change network when travel . Thanx Tusharmax !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Last week i turned my 5800 GPS on and took it outside to get gpsfix... I left it there about 3hours and nothing happened.
    Now i tried again. I just walked about 5mins and the gps started working again. I noticed that if you have A-GPS on, you have no chance to get the gps fix offline. So go to the Location->Positioning->Positioning methods and uncheck all except the phones own GPS. Then go outside for few minutes and enjoy the free offline navigation by nokia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12