Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: ?How do I connect the phone to the Internet via PC with bluetooth?

@vaterix I tried that method and didn't work maybe because I have bluesoleil, but some got it working with bluesoleil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Meek

sorry then mate... as I said, bluesoleil and native xp drivers were not working for me... I mean file transfer between pc and 5800 worked fine, but the internet didn't. But with widcomm starck drivers it's a doll

The thing is that widcomm drivers can be installed on certain BT dongles, so I suggest you try that. If they get installed you don't lose anything, only gaining internet via BT. If they fail to install saying "compatible hardware not found" you don't lose anything, because you can always revert to bluesoleil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Just turn your laptop into a WIFI hotspot. Bluetooth range is pathetic and speeds are too slow, like dial-up speeds or lower :P

http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-lap..._53-28619.html

Hi,

I tried to set up this, and my laptop turned into a hotspot and my phone connected to it. But when I want to reach internet it says: "No Gateway reply".

Anybody knows why?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Meek
    @Kcube989 Thanks for the effort you're putting to help me, but you don't understand that my pc isn't wifi enabled, it means it can receive or send wifi signals, that's why I was looking for the bluetooth connection
    Maybe itll work for the TS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Thnx ! but after I follow all the steps I give " No gateway reply ! "

i have usb wirreles trendnet tew-644ub ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

same to me. "" No gateway reply ! ""
    I have tried to find some other topic about this, and I looks I have to say it is cannot be done(to share PC's internet with phone by wifi) with Nokia 5800. I havent found anybody who could do this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Did you guys assign 5800 an IP from the same range? And may be you also need to share the internet connection from your control panel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vaterix
    Did you guys assign 5800 an IP from the same range? And may be you also need to share the internet connection from your control panel.
    howwww?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

more details please !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, first of all you need to share your main internet connection on PC. Right click on it, hit properties and mark Share Internet Connection or ICS

Then create an ad-hoc connection in XP, assign a local IP address like 192.168.0.1 or whatever you like, and add security or make it open.
    On 5800 search for wifi, theoretically it should see the newly created ad-hoc connection and then just hit Connect. Theoretically you should have access to internet on 5800. Hope it works out for you, in case it doesn't there are other adjustments that can be made to make it work, but it should work 100%, as they say - been there, done that. 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast