Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jim45377
    My 5800 is well over a year old. I like the phone! Started having display problems last winter. Seemed to be temperature-related. Figured it was a LCD issue. Called Nokia and set up return for repair. Phone was gone for about 10 days. They did a re-set on it and updated firmware. I could have done that! Seemed to fix the problem, though. I was really surprised they did not replace the LCD panel.

While it was in for repair they scratched the screen. It went in to them in pristine condition (always used a screen protector) and came back with deep scratches in it. So it goes back. They did replace the screen, but only the outer screen (the digitizer screen) and not the LCD panel. Still, the damage was repaired and the phone seemed to be OK. No more LCD issues.

Recently updated to v. 40 of the software, and the problem is back - worse than it was. Nokia claims v. 40 fixes this problem. I have evidence to the contrary as unless I keep the phone very warm, the LCD issue is there - every time. It does not clear even after multiple switch cycles. A strong magnet applied to the screen between the NOKIA and XPRESSMUSIC will clear it every time. So, carry a magnet in my pocket? I don't think so!

So is it a LCD panel problem? Software? My phone in some other way? Supposedly v.50 fixes this, but it is not available in the US yet.

I have a replacement LCD panel on order.

Since this is a widely reported problem, acknowledged by Nokia, is there any chance of pursuing a class-action suit to make things right? I'm the LAST person to ever want to invoke the legal system, but this may be a valid case.
    Hi, this is a hardware problem. I live in the uk and had the same problem. Nokia are aware of this and if your phone is still under warranty they should replace the lcd for free. Just fill in their online repair form and put a link to this thread on this forum. Thats what i did and my phone was picked up from my house and dropped off within a week with the whole screen replaced and they also have me 5 free tracks to download! I have a copy of what i wrote on the repair form somewhere. I will dig it out and post it on here when i have time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It is not under warranty. It ran out in May. Had they actually replaced the LCD panel in the first place, I wouldn't be having this problem now. I'm going to call them again. Maybe I can convince them they never repaired it in the first place.

It's toll-free so they pay for it. I just can't stand arguing with idiots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Haven't met this circumstance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Have been wondering, how much pressure can the 5800xm touchscreen display take? would like overpressing is damage the display?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Did a 'R and R' on the LCD panel and the phone works fine now. Took all of about 10 minutes, not including backing up the phone beforehand (just in case!).

If Nokia had replaced the LCD panel in the first place, I wouldn't have had to do it myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

same prob with my fone if i get fed up am goin to throw this on the wall!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim45377
    Did a 'R and R' on the LCD panel and the phone works fine now.
    please enlighten me...! a 'R and R'?! I am in the unfortunate situation that my phone does this (happens only during cold periods - less than about 18C). Nokia China is not willing to service this for free!! arrgh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ~NeMi~
    I'm not sure if this is OT or not but I have the newest fw (v20) in my phone and the screen STILL turns red/green/blue/violet at time to time I'm really starting to doubt that it's just a firmware related bug Now I suspect that it just may be that there's malfunction on my screen itself Jakkeranwebkinz clothing machine recipesSo, now I wonder: should I wait the next firmware update to come as to see if this bug would be fixed OR should I take my phone to the Nokia repairers? Does anyone else still have issues with the screen color changin?
    The problem is that its Nokia's first full touch device, Symbian S60v5 is a new OS, and there will always be problems which were not found, it will be solved along the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM BUT MY SCREEN WAS GOING FUNNY BUT ONLY WHEN IT WAS COLD
    SEARCHED ON YOUTUBE IT SAYS PERMANENT FIX FOR 5800 LCD PROBLEM YOU NEED A CHEEP SET OF HEADPHONES
    TAKE THEM APART IN THE EARPIECE IS A THIN MAGNET POP THE FRONT COVER OFF YOUR PHONE STICK THE MAGNET TO THE TOP OF
    THE LCD SCREEN WITH DOUBLE SIDED TAPE HIGH ENOUGH SO YOU WONT SEE IT WHEN YOU POP THE COVER BACK ON JOB DONE
    DID THIS TO MINE 6 WEEKS AGO NO PROBLEM SINCE LOOK ON YOUTUBE YOU GET VIDEO TUTORIAL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

me too there was problem like this shit lines..once it appear then it will increase day by day.... Just do what yanto says in above post i did this to mine 3 weak ago and no problem occurred.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast