Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

aduhai & marinerheart. . . Thanks for the trick.

I don't question that it is a hardware issue. After reading yours contribution I immediately pick up a magnet (pretty powerful) and run it on the top of the phone.
    And the screen immediately act like an normal phone.

Nice to visit a place with many heads.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had the same problem and had my LCD replaced at warranty.
    Unbelievable that a simple magnet solves this, very odd problem!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i had that problem i sent it off to nokia, and they said their was a LCD screen fualt, and they replaced it for free, it only took 3 weeks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jjaacckkll
    i had that problem i sent it off to nokia, and they said their was a LCD screen fualt, and they replaced it for free, it only took 3 weeks
    same here took 2 weeks

Lieutenant

but the new FW version (v5) should solve this problem. I had the same problem, and haven't had it appear in the last 2 weeks with the new FW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ashishdaga1
    same here took 2 weeks
    hi i`am from romainia (not so a rich country) i have the 5800 for 3 months i`am inlove with him it`s like my 3 hand but for 1 month my ``hand`` is ``broken`` exactly the same problem like up i have v4 fw edition coz i use just nsu and that`s the latest i can find btW the problem is I put on my screen a MIRROR SHIELD
    THIS CAN MAke me to lose the waranty ?? pls answer and sry for my bad english i speak better russian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

last year, around this time i experienced this problem, so i went to nokia care, they are complete idiots and don't know anything about this phone the only thing they did was to reinstall the firmware then the same problem was still there, so they sent it to the head office(that's what they said) it came after 15-16 days and looked like a piece of shit, it seemed like instead of mending it they just sent it between some kind of process or something the keys were all sunked in the problem was still there then i sent it again this time it came the same as i sent it the first time but with problem solved, they didn't change anything.
    It was good until now but after about a month since i updated my firmware to v.50 Monster edition 2.0 by redy 4 life it started happening again it mostly happens when i sit in a room with an A.C. but sometimes it happens anyways.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I was having the same problem and i just update the firmware to 50.0.005 and the screnn now works fine!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Last, i saw how to fix this in Youtube but in do my phone it proken i have to change my display i change display to N97 mini (Use like Nokia 5800). wow when i change it i feel different cuase coulor in display it have vivid coulor like Nokia 5530,33 Ohh!! I feel good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My 5800 is well over a year old. I like the phone! Started having display problems last winter. Seemed to be temperature-related. Figured it was a LCD issue. Called Nokia and set up return for repair. Phone was gone for about 10 days. They did a re-set on it and updated firmware. I could have done that! Seemed to fix the problem, though. I was really surprised they did not replace the LCD panel.

While it was in for repair they scratched the screen. It went in to them in pristine condition (always used a screen protector) and came back with deep scratches in it. So it goes back. They did replace the screen, but only the outer screen (the digitizer screen) and not the LCD panel. Still, the damage was repaired and the phone seemed to be OK. No more LCD issues.

Recently updated to v. 40 of the software, and the problem is back - worse than it was. Nokia claims v. 40 fixes this problem. I have evidence to the contrary as unless I keep the phone very warm, the LCD issue is there - every time. It does not clear even after multiple switch cycles. A strong magnet applied to the screen between the NOKIA and XPRESSMUSIC will clear it every time. So, carry a magnet in my pocket? I don't think so!

So is it a LCD panel problem? Software? My phone in some other way? Supposedly v.50 fixes this, but it is not available in the US yet.

I have a replacement LCD panel on order.

Since this is a widely reported problem, acknowledged by Nokia, is there any chance of pursuing a class-action suit to make things right? I'm the LAST person to ever want to invoke the legal system, but this may be a valid case.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast