Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

Ive found a fix for this! All winter my screen has gone lie-ish, but now Iv found out that if you activate Dr Jukkas Key lock clock and then unlocking the 5800 while the screen/clock i still on/showing, the lines mostly wont appear. Guess this is similliar to the Flash light thing previously posted, but this seems much easier.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i had the same problem and it is completely HARDWARE issue. i changed my phone's lcd so now its working perfect..tested and 100% hardware problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i've had the phone since march 2009 and quite loved it.
    When this trouble appeared, I sent it to Nokia Care and they replaced the lcd and the front panel. Now I had the problem again and as it's winter my phone was quite unusable.

Could it be I got an defective lcd or can the problem be deeper in the phone ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sherincal
    i've had the phone since march 2009 and quite loved it.
    When this trouble appeared, I sent it to Nokia Care and they replaced the lcd and the front panel. Now I had the problem again and as it's winter my phone was quite unusable.

Could it be I got an defective lcd or can the problem be deeper in the phone ?
    it's hardware problem...go to nokia care and get display/lcd replaced..i got my lcd replaced 3 times for the same problem...one solution is to use a theme with bright colors like white,yellow floruscent green etc....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I saw a temporary solution on you tube and i was getting along well with that untill it became worse..
    What you do is, start your camera and place ur hand in front of the camera lens so that its fully covered. Then point ur phone towards any light and quickly remove your hand. The screen comes back instantly..
    If there is no light, then gently press the camera button (while your hand is on the camera lens) so that it switches on the LED flash, and the screen will come back.
    Sometimes i think its a software problem. But i noticed, if you place the phone in a cool region, the screen goes bust. I've already got my lcd changed once, now this is the second time. I m gonna tell the nokia care guys, I m going to the consumer court this time if I have to come back again, get a compensation amount equal to the phone and buy a new phone which is NOT nokia..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It is a hardware issue. 5800 LCD wont work in low temperatures. Place any cold thing the screen for 5 mins, lock the screen and unlock, screen wont work. I have this problem and got my screen replaced and now its perfect

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Definetely a hardware problem, take back to Nokia...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi friends,

I have purchased the nokia 5800xm 3 months back. I have my warranty period upto December 2010. Recently I noticed that, my screen is fliccering with lines and turning off randomly. When I visited 2 times the nokia care. But they simply returned my phone after a hard reset. But the problem still persist.

Friends, I am just trying to enquire this forum " Is there atleast one person here, Who could successfully replaced the Old 5800 by the Nokia people with a new one due to defect?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i had my lcd changed in Nokia Care... When i reported it to them,they already knew about the Lcd issue so they replaced the lcd without any questions.. Try insisting them that they should replace your faulty Lcd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just had my wife's 5800 screen replaced for free without any warranty. Well done Nokia.

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast