Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

I also had this color problem, i formatted the memory card and it wos gone? strange

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well after endless delaying, I finally took my 5800 to the Nokia care for the LCD problem. I had two problems:
    1. The screen colors change for a few seconds after few minutes of continuous use.
    2. As soon as my phone is kept for few minutes in idle condition near Airconditioning, it catches "cold" and screen display changes to lines.
    I got confirmation that the problem has been resolved by changing the display and I can pick up my phone the next day. On arriving however, I tested it and found the lines problem back after keeping my phone near an Airconditioner for just few minutes. Needless to say, I gave it back! So here I am, waiting for the problem to get resolved since past 3 days.
    It's a real shame that such an advanced piece of mobile should be launched by a company like NOKIA with a very elementary problem, which should have been detected at manufacturing stage itself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xpressfan123
    Well after endless delaying, I finally took my 5800 to the Nokia care for the LCD problem. I had two problems:
    1. The screen colors change for a few seconds after few minutes of continuous use.
    2. As soon as my phone is kept for few minutes in idle condition near Airconditioning, it catches "cold" and screen display changes to lines.
    I got confirmation that the problem has been resolved by changing the display and I can pick up my phone the next day. On arriving however, I tested it and found the lines problem back after keeping my phone near an Airconditioner for just few minutes. Needless to say, I gave it back! So here I am, waiting for the problem to get resolved since past 3 days.
    It's a real shame that such an advanced piece of mobile should be launched by a company like NOKIA with a very elementary problem, which should have been detected at manufacturing stage itself.

I think they just upgraded/reinstalled ure software and briefly checked it before giving it back to you. you need to insist on getting the lcd changed.

my phone is still with nokia care who say that they have run out of LCDz and they are now waiting for a shipment....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have got back the handset from the Nokia care today morning. The engineer there told me that he has replaced the display and that i won't be getting the problem again. keeping my fingers crossed. 8 hours have passed since I received it and so far so good. Let's hope it remains OK.
    BTW, i would like to mention that whenever I make any substantial change in the Profile settings, the phone does something like a partial reboot. It's like screen slowly gets turned black and then the main screen comes on as if phone has been just started. Previously I thought it was due to display problem but now I don't know! Has anybody else experienced it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I bought my Nokia 5800 4 months ago. After one month a stuck pixel appeared on the screen. I did not go to Nokia care since the stuck pixel was in the corner so not very visible. Three days ago I began to have this LCD problem. Directly I went ro Nokia care and I gave them my Nokia. I need to wait one week. I hope that they will solve the problem by changing the LCD.

the ghost

thank god so many people are there with the same problem!!! i was scared if i'm the only one!!!this must be a hardware problem as the nokia care here were unable to figure out what was wrong!!! they just know hw to reset the mobile and store the factory setting!
    but we don't have any choice we have knock their door only!!!!
    so!!!pliz anyone help me!!!!!! my phone is showing all stripes even after hard reset for five time (*#7370#)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm taking my phone to be repaired on monday, I'm just had it with this LCD problem...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

GIVE TO NOIKA!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL REPAIR!!!!!!!

i gave mine, they fixed it within 5 days!
    TRUST IN NOKIA CARE!

Do what i did, take a print out of the photos posted here, and show it to them. THEY WILL FIX IT!!! ITS THEIR DUTY.

They'll fix it For free too, if your phone is in warranty!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Undertaker=-
    GIVE TO NOIKA!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL REPAIR!!!!!!!

i gave mine, they fixed it within 5 days!
    TRUST IN NOKIA CARE!

Do what i did, take a print out of the photos posted here, and show it to them. THEY WILL FIX IT!!! ITS THEIR DUTY.

They'll fix it For free too, if your phone is in warranty!

i had same LCD problem :s (so annoying btw) and did the same as u did.. ( sent to Nokia support Center) and they fixed it for free.. BUT, they took like 12 dayz to fix it !!
    The point it, Since the mobile is still in warranty, they will fix it, for free..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

With ref to my last post, it's been 4 days now and the problem has not returned. So I can assuredly tell you that the problem is a display problem from hardware. And all those who are delaying or postponing their decision to approach Nokia care, my advice is just DO IT!!
    what you must do is to insist on depositing your handset with them irrespective of whether they have the LCD or not. After depositing for 48 hours, just send an email at their customer care regarding the delay in resolution of your problem. Ask then to send the spare part(i.e., LCD) immediately without any delay to the Nokia care giving reference of the Job Sheet number, etc.
    Their Indian contact no. is 30303838(can be dialled in any city). Insist on getting complaint no.
    Hope it will help you in getting this irritation resolved in what is otherwise an excellent device!
    Quote Originally Posted by xpressfan123
    I have got back the handset from the Nokia care today morning. The engineer there told me that he has replaced the display and that i won't be getting the problem again. keeping my fingers crossed. 8 hours have passed since I received it and so far so good. Let's hope it remains OK.
    BTW, i would like to mention that whenever I make any substantial change in the Profile settings, the phone does something like a partial reboot. It's like screen slowly gets turned black and then the main screen comes on as if phone has been just started. Previously I thought it was due to display problem but now I don't know! Has anybody else experienced it?

Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast