Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    mr.green

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

what wrong with LCD tell pls cos i don't get what do u mean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Mr green pls go to page 1 than u know what we are talking about..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys , I already solve the screen problem. Just send to nokia care . They will change yr LCD screen..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by armin
    i downgrade my phone to 11 - and there is no more problem with LCD
    this problem is not from Hardware
    it's just F****** firmware
    how do you downgrade the firmware?

mufaddal_km

dont even try to do that without using special hardware ....there are high chances u will brick your device

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i had to send the same to nokia care and it returned me the handset after 13 days but now working great without any problem. you also get it repaired by nokia. dont know whether replaced screen or not. because i had a plastic cover on the screen for saving it from scratches and the same was on it after return as it was before.

mufaddal_km

i guess the actual lcd is beneath the top plastic layer....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

As I promised...here is further from my side on the LCD problem I am facing on my 5800 (warning : Long post):
    Just 30 min ago I returned from Nokia care center after a fascinating encounter...I explained the front desk person the problem I am facing and he passed it to the service engineer. He disassembled it, check everything, reassembled and categorized it as broken LCD which can not be covered under warranty. I asked why? He said you have dropped it...I said No...Never. Argument continued but he remained firm on his opinion and handed over the phone to me. Earlier I was able to bring back my LCD to normal by pressing the search panel on the home screen (well..press the white button...it brings the menu...then press the red button...it will take you to home screen without affecting the background jobs...then click an inch below the top where the search panel should be on the home screen...needs practice...i was doing this for last 2 weeks...) but because of the reassembling even this trick stopped working. No other trick like reviving the LCD by restarting the phone also was not working. So I could not demonstrate to the engineer that my LCD was not permanently broken...but only behaves like this while locking/unlocking. Then I went to meet the manager of the center. I again explained the problem to her...but she too said the same thing. I then took her to this web site (a lot of thanks to every one associated with this site, user/mods/and every one...) on her computer and showed her this post and the picture. Yet she did not admit and kept repeating that my LCD is broken and I am responsible for that. Frustrated...I almost shouted "I have never dropped it so what else do you think I have done with the LCD?" Her answer was "May be you have pressed the screen ...". I froze...cant believe my ears that the Manager of a nokia care center is actually asking me not to press the screen of Touch Screen phone!!!!!!!!!!! I figured out they are not going to do anything, so asked for their observation/opinion in writing and they agreed. So I again went back to the front desk and the engineer took the phone from me to prepare his opinion in writing.....AND THE MIRACLE HAPPENED...suddenly the LCD of my phone sprang by to life by its own...The engineer had a shock of his lifetime( so are the front desk guys)...he almost fumbled for words but somehow managed to ask does it happen always? I said yes and that's what I was trying to explain earlier. He probably understood the LCD was not broken...asked me to sit and promptly called to Nokia (thanks to him for that). After a 5-10 minutes talk with Nokia he said it needs to be sent to Nokia and may take 10/15 days to resolve...then they gave me all the paper works and I left the center...lets hope it come back fine after 10/15 days...

mufaddal_km

this is how nokia service centre treats their customers ...especially in india

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

to me it helped when i downloaded an uptade for the software

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast