Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

*Topic merged* /pece1976

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by paradisio
    Sorry for making a new topic for something that i found to be a burning topic over this forum .... it's just i noticed that on the "nokia 5800 LCD problem" topic they were describing it as a hardware problem ..... though i am quite sure it's a software problem cz i didn't have any such problem with the previouse version V11 that lasted several months with me .... also in the other topic they were mentioning that the screen was showing horizontal lines which is not my case ..... my mobile is turning green sometimes, blue, red , or even dims totally.

so after the long discussions held over the forum concerning that critical problem .... is it found to be a hardware or a software problem??
    Hardware. I had exactly the same problem as you and I took the phone to Nokia Care. They replaced the display, under warranty, and the colour changing bug is gone. For me it also appeard after a firmware update.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well finally i changed my screen....for 75 dollars.
    so far so good...hopefully....btw has it happend again to anyone who has replaced their screen?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mELIANTE
    Hardware. I had exactly the same problem as you and I took the phone to Nokia Care. They replaced the display, under warranty, and the colour changing bug is gone. For me it also appeard after a firmware update.
    Thanks man for the help .... yet now i won't be able to fix it here in Egypt under warranty since i bought it from the UAE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mELIANTE
    Well, in other way, the new screen is brighter. I have it set to minumum brightness and still is has bright as the previous when it was in level 1 of brightness. Maybe that helps the battery
    Well, update on my display situation. The problem seems to be getting away, the screen is getting better and I noticed that the contrast is way better than the previous display. The image is getting better and better. Another good thing is that with new screen the battery life is improving. Starting to love my 5800 more and more again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

your mobile lcd damage and you go to nokia care riplace it i have also face this problem riplace it

9ctpe6

Quote Originally Posted by 9ctpe6
    Ok.. Received the message from Care center that my Nokia 5800 is fixed..
    Went there.. Got my phone back.. Tried to see if it works and guess what.. Still the same.. I think they didn't even tried to fix it..
    Gave it back to them to repair it..
    Omg what a fail.
    Once again... Yesterday I got a call saying they couldn't fix my Nokia 5800 and I should go and get a replacement for free and that is what I did
    Got a new Nokia 5800 with everything (except phonecase i don't know why it wasn't in pack.. mate bought new phone and also didnt have 1), so thats really great; lost some applications and settings but I already found and installed them; had an annoying scratch on the screen - no scratches now please (now I won't even take off the screen protector); got +1 stylus lost 1 few weeks ago.
    So yes Im totally pleased that this happened

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9ctpe6
    Once again... Yesterday I got a call saying they couldn't fix my Nokia 5800 and I should go and get a replacement for free and that is what I did
    Got a new Nokia 5800 with everything (except phonecase i don't know why it wasn't in pack.. mate bought new phone and also didnt have 1), so thats really great; lost some applications and settings but I already found and installed them; had an annoying scratch on the screen - no scratches now please (now I won't even take off the screen protector); got +1 stylus lost 1 few weeks ago.
    So yes Im totally pleased that this happened
    That's so great that you've got a brand new 5800, good for you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes nokia is trying its best to repair all 1st lot 5800....but some nokia care..act smart , they try to do firmware upgrade to see if the problem goes away....but all plz make sure they change the display...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My phone is finally back from Nokia Care. The LCD display was changed in Czech Republic. So no more annoying color bugs. This time there is another problem - the new display has poor quality. It looks like a 5 years old reflective display.

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast