Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

Nokia has DENIED any problem with the LCD and say that it is a software issue which will be fixed shortly - in fact, owing to my persistent endeavors, I have found that the new firmware for the nokia 5800 will be released the day the N97 is released or sometime near it.

So basically I still have the LCD problem and have now offered to pay for the LCD replacement - I am still awaiting their reply - it has been over 1 month since I gave in my phone to seek modification/replacement.

I will also try to contact Nokia abroad someplace where they might actually listen. This has been a very painful experience. I am also considering legal action against Nokia. We shall see.

Nokia is not User-Friendly and truly Sucks...

My contact is ahmedjhang@gmail.com should any Nokia Employee stumble across my post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have been unable to contact Nokia care in Finland - but I have been able to contact the Pakistan Consumer Rights Council who have advised me to issue a 15 day legal notice to Nokia during which they must fix the problem or face further legal action in court. I will wait one or two days more because I am waiting on my offer to pay for an LCD replacement since that would be quicker and less painful but if that does not happen then I will be proceeding with legal action the following day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

OK, I just got back my 5800XM phone from Nokia Care and they did nothing to repair it, just reinstalled the same firmware (21.0.025). It is written in my warranty card that there was a software problem and it was fixed, but color changing is still present. Every couple of minutes and screen color palette goes crazy for about 5-6 seconds. Some times there are fluorescent yellow, green or pink colors, sometimes steady blue or red.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hey all you guys, even M facing the same problem with my 5800. In central india i was amongst the first one to get this cell and after showing this loyalty M screwed all over by them by this pathetic example of bull shit engg. the NOKIA 5800 and after contacting the nokia care they almost made demon out of me, M really sorry for myself for i believed NOKIA and there product. I have had used almost owned 8 cellphones an last 3 years and i must say NOKIA SUCKS and very badly.
    I paid 23 grand for this piece of shit i wish i could inserted a red hot soldering iron or a red hot rod in there ass. I shall make sure that Neither me nor any friend or a family memberof mine shall go for Nokia in years to come. The after sales service is a nightmare to loyal customers like me, i have had been facing problem with this cell since the day one i wounder what kinda class products they make. I shall try my best to take legal actions against them, any help regarding the same shall be a help... PLZ guy's stop being an ass and do something against NOKIA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,
    I gave in my phone today as they confirmed to me that they have the LCD parts and as this is a known issue, will get ir repaired by tomorow, ill update tomorow and see if it has been fixed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ass clowns gave my phone back to me saying its fixed, but its still the same, just formatted. bull shit.

help people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i m frm mumbai,india and hv been using 5800 since jan..i faced d same problem..nokia ppl changed d display.it took them 8 days as d screens were out of stocks..i believed tht it was a software problem and i even insisted.but nokia care made me understand and took my phone and made d replacement.they even said tht so far they hv replaced 8000 screens..then i saw this topic..their behaviour was really gud,and calm,they even gave me extra plectrum..they installed v21 even before it was made available in india thru fota..and its not me.i met many others treated d same way. nokia knows abt this problem..its only takin time coz d stocks r limited..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys its a display fault, i told yrl , i have sent 2 fones of mine 5800 to nokia, they all agreed it is display fault, i have one fone frm 2nd lot of 5800 wic is much better than the 1st lot, volume key is little raised and the keypad is raised, fit and finish is much better, even iam in mumbai, i guess mumbai nokia care r more informed, than some other city nokia care....display problem , then go to nokia care and insist for display change....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

got my phone back and the LCD hass been replaced because I made sure of it. and so far no problems

BUT

whats with this?
    http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind....html#msg46402

does this work

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This Problem In My Phone

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast