Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

it get worse if you use it for a bit but if you let it cool down then its okay.....but mine got buggy quite quickly so i had to send it back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys anyone having display problem send it to nokia care for replacement, its nt a software problem but hardware...use yr warranty ,its the right time...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i just got it back in 2 days and all they did was to reflash the latest firmware on it. that didnt work. ive been away from my nokia tube for a bit too long so im gonna keep it for a bit and then re-send it later for an lcd replacement. the dude who took the phone was unable to show them the exact problem so they just flashed new FW on it......then i showed him that he needs to use the music player for 5 minutes and then the issue comes up....so he said that the next i gave the phone to him then he would go and show it to them. but he said that maybe it is a FW issue. becuause if it was a hardware issue then the LCD would not work at all.....which is a good point if you think about it. perhaps they need to stop whatever clash that the LCD has with the software.....lets see.

im gonna wait for the next FW and if that doesnt fix it then im gonna demand an LCD replacement!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Recently, i have the same problem too, but i happens 1-2 times per day.... If its get worst i will sent the phone to nokia center

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedjhang
    well i just got it back in 2 days and all they did was to reflash the latest firmware on it. that didnt work. ive been away from my nokia tube for a bit too long so im gonna keep it for a bit and then re-send it later for an lcd replacement. the dude who took the phone was unable to show them the exact problem so they just flashed new FW on it......then i showed him that he needs to use the music player for 5 minutes and then the issue comes up....so he said that the next i gave the phone to him then he would go and show it to them. but he said that maybe it is a FW issue. becuause if it was a hardware issue then the LCD would not work at all.....which is a good point if you think about it. perhaps they need to stop whatever clash that the LCD has with the software.....lets see.

im gonna wait for the next FW and if that doesnt fix it then im gonna demand an LCD replacement!
    This makes me SO mad I mean 'comon!! Do they really expect us to show them the exact problem before they believe us Where has the expression "customer is always right" gone?

That is just plain ignorance to flash the phone if they don't see the screen changin colors in front of them I quess the repairmen don't have time to play around with the phones, but 'comon!!!

I expect that if I say that I want the screen to be replaced, it will be replaced no questions asked.

I have a similar story to share: My previous phone N91 had the hard drive swiped clean during one night when I was sleeping. I left the phone on stand by mode normally like I always did and this time on the next morning my phone's screen had a error notification: "system error. The phone's files have may been damaged" And as I discovered all my music, all my photos, applications etc. which were on the hard drive were gone . So pissed as hell, I went to the Nokia repairers expecting them to fix the hard drive. Well, I got my phone back as earlier as three days later (I was told that it would take one week) and I was told that NOTHING was wrong with the hard drive!!!!! So, my phone ONLY got re flashed. I left home and was wondering that how the h*ll can't there be anything wrong with the HD when it completely wipes itself out without me touching it?? Please tell me

So, now days I'm very skeptical about taking my dear 5800 to the Nokia Care Center to be repaired 'cos as we can read on that quote, apparently customers are always wrong!

Le sigh...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

install bright theme from taieb this will solve your LCD problems

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah but it is temporary solution. Whenever u come across a dark background, u will c the prob coming back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ill try that bright theme by taieb and ill let u guys know!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

since my phone has the worst case of the lcd problem!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm having this problem too. Well, I don't know if you guys already had this debate here but I think It cannot be an hardware issue because the problem only appeared after a hard reset I had to do. Before that, everything was fine. I have v20 firmware.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast