Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800XM LCD Problem

i went to nokia care but they said lcd are out of stock,wait for two weeks anyway i think they will replace the lcd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jeetu4444
    Guys have given my fone to nokia to change the display...as they always cry no stock of displays...well saw many people getting their 5800 for repairs....the nokia guy said they had around 8000 fones for repairs...common nokia this is a very buggy fone...i have never had such prblem with nokia fones...my earlier n 95 8gb worked like a charm..with no problem at all....will get my fone in 2 days then will write my report...take care all
    apart from this lcd problem my phone is working well.no problems and everything works fine[till now]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hazim5091
    hi found another temp solution for lcd problem go to display setting and set it maximun brightness hehehe coz my tube having the same problem after i set it at maximun lcd no lcd problem after that (st***d lcd bug and firmware bug)
    its not a solution. don't waste time by doing 'tricks' instead contact nokia care and try to replace the lcd. i went to nokia care and told them about the problem and they agree to replace the lcd when stock arrives[takes two weeks] and they accept that some phone has this lcd problem and they replace them.[thats why lcd out of stock] so stop doing tricks

I got this problem also after updating to firmware v20.0.12. Its the latest version in our country so far.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yo people, I think its pretty much confirmed the LCD problem has nothing to do with the firmware or any apps you may have installed. Its a known hardware problem with the LCD. So if you have this LCD proble, just send it to Nokia and get the LCD replaced.

When I had the LCD problem, I did a hard reset, upgraded the firmware, uninstalled apps, etc but still had the LCD problem. Then I send it to Nokia and they replaced the LCD and ever since then I have had no issues whatsoever with the LCD. So confirmed its a hardware problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys, I'm also having a problem with the LCD on my 5800 XM that whenever I turn the key lock off, I see only the horizontal lines on screen for almost a second and then the actual display.

Is it about time that I started praying!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ehoe
    Yo people, I think its pretty much confirmed the LCD problem has nothing to do with the firmware or any apps you may have installed. Its a known hardware problem with the LCD. So if you have this LCD proble, just send it to Nokia and get the LCD replaced.

When I had the LCD problem, I did a hard reset, upgraded the firmware, uninstalled apps, etc but still had the LCD problem. Then I send it to Nokia and they replaced the LCD and ever since then I have had no issues whatsoever with the LCD. So confirmed its a hardware problem
    Thanks for this, good post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shahood
    Guys, I'm also having a problem with the LCD on my 5800 XM that whenever I turn the key lock off, I see only the horizontal lines on screen for almost a second and then the actual display.

Is it about time that I started praying!
    Arrghh, my screen has started to go dark again with those horizontal lines!!!!! It has happen to me now twice while browsing the internet. Lockin and unlocking the phone fixes the screen but I know that it will come back to annoy me

I seriosly HATE 5800's screen with all my being!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

its happend also with me.

i changed the theme and its clear now.

u can soft reset ur fone by using *#7780#.

:P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys all this formatting is temp solution.....1st its starts with just staying for a sec or so , as dayss pass by...the lines stay for longer period...u have to get the lcd displayed changed...nokia person new abt this problem they never even asked me if i droped the fone....so nokia is aware abt the bug in the display...they sais they had around 8000 fones with them....nokia shld have released the fone only after they sorted out all the bugs...hear piece problem all 5800 have....

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast