Join Today
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Text messages coming in late

I have a Nokia 5800

For a while now, I've been receiving text messages late for most of the time.
    Sometimes, it would take a couple minutes for a message to reach my phone, while other times it takes up to 20 minutes! It wasn't so bad until I found out that a lot of times, my phone wouldn't receive any messages at all unless I turn off then turn my phone on again. Once it's on, it'll notify me of the several messages I should've received throughout the day.

I have Free-isms installed for a while now, but I never really had this problem in the beginning.
    Do you guys have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Text messages coming in late

Try your SIM in another phone. I think it's either your provider or your SIM (most likely) that is messing things up for you.

Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by andnewman
    Try your SIM in another phone. I think it's either your provider or your SIM (most likely) that is messing things up for you.
    Agreed - would chalk it up as a problem with your provider. Although it is a bit suspicious if you get a bunch after a reboot of the phone (that indicates SIM more than provider).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep indeed, definately a network/sim issue, not your phone or applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*EDIT*..... Actually,... If you do step 3, dont restart, then step 2 ending with the manual roam in step 1 you should be sorted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1,... 1st thing to try,... a manual roam. Go to Settings --> Network --> Operator Selection. Set to Manual. It will then search for networks and bring up a list. Select a network that ISN'T the one your on.. i.e.. Im on O2-UK, so would 1st select Orange or Vodafone. It should give a message saying something like "Not allowed", and you should have no network reception bars showing. Then it should bring up the list of networks again. Now do the same again, pick a different network that ISN'T the one your on, but a diff one to the 1st time. Should get same message again. Now when the list comes up pick the correct one.
    Give it a few minutes. send yourself a test message (you can do this from your own phone or someone elses) to see if it has worked.

2,... If that doesn't work, turn off phone, take out SIM, turn phone back on without SIM inserted. Wait for it to start up. Turn back off. Put your SIM back in, turn on, then do a manual roam again as above.

Still no luck,...

3,... Take back off phone, go onto internet with your phone using your network not Wifi. Use phones standard browser or Opera Mobile, NOT Opera Mini or Skyfire. Go to quite a large page you have never used before, as it starts loading the page, before it finishes take your battery out. Then restart.

4,...If this still doesnt sort it out speak to you network provider. If you are on Orange they can send you a SIM UPDATE sms which once you receive, you delete it and restart phone.

Hope something there helps.