Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Restore not working

After talking to Nokia about my email problem they advised me to back up the data to memory card and format the phone. I've now done this (email still doesn't work) but the restore won't work properly. I've restored contacts, calendar, messages and settings but when I try to restore files it says phone memory full. I can't load any themes anymore (the phone looks horrible!) and I can't see any of the applications I've downloaded. Help!
    Also when I click on themes it says this feature not supported.

nasua

Default Re: Restore not working

Quote Originally Posted by Wazz
    After talking to Nokia about my email problem they advised me to back up the data to memory card and format the phone. I've now done this (email still doesn't work) but the restore won't work properly. I've restored contacts, calendar, messages and settings but when I try to restore files it says phone memory full. I can't load any themes anymore (the phone looks horrible!) and I can't see any of the applications I've downloaded. Help!
    Also when I click on themes it says this feature not supported.
    Contact Nokia Care, it sounds like a hardware problem.

For UK
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006
    For Europe:
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379
    For Asia-Pacific
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4416070
    Elsewhere:
    http://www.nokia.com select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

After spending about 2 hours talking to Nokia Care, they made me do another reset and re-install the firmware. Still having the same problem, my phone memory is showing 72mb spare, the restore 'files' is 3.5mb but it says there is not enough phone memory to do the restore. Is there any way around this, nokia care are now saying I shouldn't have done the hard reset and to take the phone to a repair center.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

take your battery, sim card, memory card out and leave the phone for 10 minutes, assemble back together and see if it helps any

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Tried that, still no good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hmm then i dont know what to tell you you have done everything i would have done to try to resolve the issue. did you reformat your memory card? did you try the phone without the memory card?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It's possible your memory card is corrupt. Remove it and see if you can install an application to the phone itself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    It's possible your memory card is corrupt. Remove it and see if you can install an application to the phone itself.
    Removed the memory card and tried to download Joikuspot and forecast weather, both are coming up with 'certificate expired' then 'installation failed'
    Also tried taking the battery and SIM out and restarting. Still no good.
    I'm now very annoyed as everything was working OK (bar the email send) until Nokia Care messed the phone up. Hope none of this voids the warranty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

none of the things i have told you void the warranty, if you have not done anything else like phoenix NSS and such you are good to go and take it back to nokia care and tell them that you did exactly as they told you and still no joy. have them fix it for you that is your right as a customer of a brand new phone. !!!! good luck with that and sorry you have to experience this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast