Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 FUTURE FIRMWARE - What should be done?

My wishlist with new firmware:
    -Smileys/emoticons in SMS
    -Changing to next/previous track using the volume keys (holding for a sec or so cos there's no dedicated music keys available)
    -A volume icon on the screen in music player so that u can alter it onscreen n not always use the volume keys
    -Coverflow like interface for albums in music player (somethin similar to the feature they already implemented in the touch friendly nokia photo browser)
    -Improved camera driver
    -Support for widgets with direct manipulation on standby
    -A clock with notifications of missed calls, messages etc in the PowerSaver display (when phone is locked)
    -Animated menu icons and support for flashlite themes.
    -Playback controls on screen when the music player is in minimized mode (like its there in Idou which also is based upon the symbian platform)
    -Threaded conversation feature with messaging
    -Tabbed browsing
    -Clicking on the battery bars shud display the battery percentage/health details,. Same with the signal about the signal strength n related details. (not really imp, but wud be cool)
    -Support for more than 4 active standby shortcuts
    -In messaging, to mark multiple mesages, a checkbox sort of marking feature to be available. (its hard to mark each n every message if the list is really long)
    -Support for customizing the font (in-built in the phone settings option)
    -Customizing/adding more theme effects other than default one
    -Ability to show notes on the standby (like in SE devices, only the ones that u want)
    -Visualizations for music player
    -KastorUI like implementations
    -Smart search like feature for contacts, similar to SE devices.

I know this is too much of a list, but there are phones out there in the market that do have many of these features listed. These are pretty much possible to be done. But lets see what nokia plans for.

PS These are just my wishes to be seen on my phone. U may have different choices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

better camera
    kinetic scrolling
    10 latest sms contacts
    better picture explorer
    avi playback
    smileys
    smschat like free-isms for exemple like the iphone
    one thing that also would be good is more things on the homescreen widgets and other info like the earlier nokia phones

then the phone would be ultimate in my opinion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

H.264 Fullscreen res support (640 x 360 rather than 320 x *whatever*). That's just criminal. Hardly surprising, since every Realplayer out there is such a PoS. More codecs also - mov, avi, whatever. I haven't managed to play a single video on this phone that I've transferred from my computer, and I shouldn't have to convert or reencode a file that plays perfectly fine on my computer and is a small enough resolution to fit the (admittedly excellent) screen on the phone.

Better touch UI optimisation - kinetic scrolling, greater functionality on homescreen...

Buttons in Landscape mode - The UI buttons get bigger in any application when you switch to landscape mode. As a result, the available screenspace in the internet browser is actually smaller when you turn to landscape orientation. If I'm able to tap a tiny text-link in the browser, then I don't think I need a row of 4 or 5 buttons that take up about a quarter of the screen.

Default text entry for portrait/landscape orientation - Alphanumeric for portrait, qwerty for landscape : makes intuitive sense.

Improved music player - This is a music phone, and yet the in-built music playing software is terrible. Albums are ordered arbitrarily under artists, rather than alphabetically. Albums with more than one disk are not presented sequentially, but rather in the order of disk 1 song 1, disk 2 song 1, disk 1 song 2 etc. The music player has pathetic album artwork support. Of the 2GB of music I have on the phone, only 1 album has artwork displayed - an album I purchased in iTunes. The album artwork displays perfectly in iTunes / on my iPod / in Windows Media Player etc for the other albums (I have manually added album art to most of my music).

Customisation of touch-media button applications.

Plenty more, can't think of them right now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

WE HAVE A FRIEND AND MEMBER OUT HERE WHO WORKS FOR NOKIA. HOPE HE WILL FORWARD THIS WISH LIST TO HIS DEVELOPER FRIENDS OUT THERE IN NOKIA.

THOUGH I M NOT MUCH KEEN ABOUT NEW FEATURES THOUGH IT WILL BE AN ADDED ADVANTAGE, BUT NOKIA WOULD HAVE MADE EVERYTHING LOOK BETTER THAN THEIR PREVIOUS PHONES. ITS LIKE DOWNGRADING PREVIOUS VERSION OF USER INTERFACE AND ADDING LITTLE TWEAKS ON IT. FEATURES AND USER INTERFACE SHOULD BE BETTER THAN OLD VERSION OF SYMBIAN OS. REALLY CURRENT OS DOESNT MAKE FEEL IT HAS ANYTHING NEWER AND FINER THAN OLD VERSION OF THE OS, EXCEPT THE TOUCHSCREEN.

MY WISH LIST ALL OF THOSE OUR FRIENDS WROTE BEFORE PLUS I ADD, THE LISTING OF CONTACTS IN PHONE BOOK, LISTING OF FILES IN FILE MANAGER, LISTING OF MENU ITEMS, ETC ARE NOT SO IMPRESSIVE. EVEN OTHER NOKIA PHONE USING S60 V3 OR EARLIER HAS IMPRESSIVE UI FOR LISTING THESE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i also hope that the smsicon on the menu shows how many new sms messages you got that would be nice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Now that im on v21. I wud like to have

*More sophisticated rotatable home screen (c'mon nokia, let us use the real estate on this baby lol)

*Better battery life (I really hope)

*Tweaks for better response

*Better scrolling (Kinetic or watever thats better than current lol)

*Maybe better cam drivers (not dat important to me anyways)

That's it for now...Hope nokia will get a great update next time!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i realy hope that someone at nokia is reading this tread

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

kinetic scrolling or be able to use the volume keys to scroll

N97 homescreen
    better music functions
    faster operative system
    linux(maemo)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

WHY WHY WHY WHY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO come on guys what makes you think nokia is going to listen they are a bunch of theives robbing us of our hard earned money and also make false promises but hey thats a story for another day as for asking about new firmwares what good has it done us? all we ask for is kenetic scrolling which id ont think is possible unless its a capasitive screen which 5800 hasnt got so itz no fun at all and as for homescreen widgets fair enough but is it enough you think? version 30 came out and everyone was soo looking forward to it but what did we get ? email on the home screen WTF no1 uses email on the phone thats why computers are made for well for some people they do but they have iphones what business customer have you seen with a nokia 5800 they only carry a blackberry or iphone no1 hu does business would have a 5800 i mean damn i love cheking my emails but i never use my phone its the same thing with camera why ask for a better camera wat u pay 4 is what you get carl ziess my fukin ass my old bloody 6600 can take better pictures than that and its a VGA lol it may seem like im bitching and crying but its true my old 6600 takes bette pictures and as for the camera no1 hardly uses it dont see a point u will only use it if with family or u c sumthing u like u wudnt rarely touch the camera to be honest well i dont anyway just now and then when i go to see my fiance for the memories then still i have to come back home and alter them on photoshop to make them look high quality anyway thats my 2 cents and if nokia fan boyz dont like it tuff im sorry truth had 2 b told im a nokia fan boy 2...well till new update comes after 31 if itz crap im defo gna buy a iphone symbian not the same anymore everyone moving and developing for iphone whats the point i mean 5800 ment 2 b iphone killer itz been killed itself graphics wise iphone much much better build quality iphone better music wise come on the iphone you tryna say a nokia device is better than a ipod 4 music? give me a break design iphones much better more sexier phone the iphone better apps? iphone better games? iphone screen size? iphone memory? i would agree with 5800 because its expandable but only 2 16gb iphone goes up2 32GB battery life? well i would say iphone because my 5800 doesnt gove me 35 hours of music just like nokia said it gives me 27 video recording iphone because camera quality better UI? iphone for defo even a nokia fan boy like myself would definatly say yes iphones UI is cool and next generation any customer would love it internet? iphone its has much better browsing experience, ok ok i know you guys are gonna say bluetooth file sharing i know but hang on look at daily mobile for instance it allows downloads that are free not warez same with apple they would want anyone buying itunes downloads and passing them on its like stealing right? but then again their are hacks on the iphone such as jailbreaks and you can transfer files so thats my 2 cents from a nokia fan boy peace

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast