Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 FUTURE FIRMWARE - What should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by dswwong
    My wish list for the improved FW would be to have a signature for the sms like the one feature in Motorola A1200
    ya signatures r good

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phat^Trance
    the screen goes black by it self and u need to reboot the phone!

my set with rebooting and die on its own problem during cool temperature has been diagnosed as PCB problem by local NCC...
    i'm not sure how true is that though.

changing PCB is like buying a new phone.. basically they will replace the whole body except for casing

since my set is not under local nokia warranty, they advised me to send it to where i bought this phone and claim the warranty there or i better buy a new set than cover the cost of replacing the PCB.

and apparently i;m not the only one having exact same problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep, Had the same problem. Phone dying (shutting down on itself) every other minute. Had A fight with Nokia service centre Idiots. Ultimately wrote a letter in institutional pad to the manager, and threatened consumer court action. Now received it back from service center today. Motherboard changed. New IMEI no. Working fine. Cant believe Nokia brought out such a crappy phone. (from AIIMS/ Delhi/India).

So if you have such a problem.... don't quit pestering them till your voice is heard. They are bound by law to do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I wish we could have more shortcuts on home page instead of just 4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

According to Apoc at symbian-freak, there is a firmware v21 in testing. Let's hope it will get stable soon enough to be released. v20 -> 21 sounds like bugfixs only though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I find that the volume control when playing music isn't progressive enough, at one point its way to quiet, the next step up is way too loud.

fje

Unfortunately, nokia doesn't intend to get anywhere near competition with the iphone in functionality. With a few simple software-upgrades they could make out of this good apparatus a really awesome one everybody would like to have, just like the iphone. It's got everything on board.

I've got a few important suggestions, I hope the nokia-guys take it into consideration.

1 - the homescreen should turn along too, and it should do it way faster!!!

2 - codec support, I miss at least divx and flac. please? Doesn't it have beautiful dedicated 16:9 screen and fantastic sound quality? I say let's use it.

3 - Live firmware update through the wireless network. Why can't I do that I don't run windows. I don't know where the nokia store is and don't want to stand in cue for every update. Why do they insist on using some external piece of windows-software? (who doesn't know the days of the era of windows are counted?)

4 entering text is... primitive and annoying. Each of the ways has plenty of unnecessary shortcomings. Ask any designer. besides, if i type too fast, it simply misses letters.
    4.1 entering dates by tapping on the calendar, dear god, why not? I have to memorize the date, go back to the appointment, enter the date manually in the text editor, which is still in full-screen modus forcing the screen to turn 90 degrees which cost 2 more seconds, o it could be sooooo much easier!!!!!

5 Internet on my phone is incredibly slow. I just don't know what I am waiting for. The browser crashed on entering the nokia website. I find that weird.

lesser points:
    6 a playlist editor
    7 louder on the jack out
    8 unzip function

fje

recap, it seems that a few of my points they've been working on. I'm going to try over-the-air update.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dtracks
    I add :

The white led missed call / sms notification function is great but it should flash every 10 sec instead of once every minute.
    I think you'll find the light flashes every 20 seconds not once a minute.

fje

well, couldn't figure it out so far how to. I'm sure it's me being too dumb for this, but in the manual nothing is mentioned about it, on the website they lead me only halfway until I have to enter all kind of server descriptions. I don't even know what kind of server. I'll try the shop tomorrow.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast