Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Cannot Update my Firmware! Please Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    in addition do manual cleanup of any traces+registry clean also use only latest versions of anything
    Hey,
    I tried it.
    Removed everything and then installed again.
    This time the phone installed successfully, everything seemed to work just fine until I opened update. It couldnt back up my phone before updating, and after that the phone was shown connected, I could access it through My Computer but nothing worked in Ovi Suite.

Then I tried it with my X3, which failed last time. This time, it updated successfully, but now it wont restore information to it. everything else is working fine on the X3, it connects fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but what's wrong with jaf?

get jaf with emulator (starter): http://rapidshare.com/files/24547509...8.62_setup.exe

it installs everything even drivers

download firmware with navifirm for your RM number (check by typing *#0000# in phone dialler) and regional language
    download only 3 files: rmXXX.core.c00 rmXXX.rofs2.v0* and rmXXX.rofs3.fpsx
    navifirm: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=25771.30

open jaf by emulator. connect phone via usb cable, phone should be turned off.

now see screen shot how it looks before clicking FLASH button (tick the correct flags as on screenshot). as you can see the green buttons are responsible for selecting fw files. click first MCU. now press BRIEFLY for 1 sec phone power button. then it initializes there is the phone connected and you can select the core file. note the core file has extension .c00 rename it to .c0r so you can select it in jaf. now click PPM button, repeat the procedure with power button and select rofs2 file. then click CNT and in windows file open dialog there will be DCT-4 content pack. change to all files and you can select rofs3. now click flash. for first flash it's normal to have some delays bcuz windows installs drivers for phone connected in flash mode.

feel free to disturb me via PM i'll help you ASAP. good flash!
    There is nothing wrong with using JAF, but for me, it'll increase my work. I've a heck lot of softwares on my mobile, which took forever to sign and install. If I flash, I'll lose them, and that would be like hell. Installing them again wont beh that easy!

Maybe you know a way by which I wont have to install each software individually?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

remove both ovi suite and software updater then re install

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep! 2 things to know:
    1. phone hack
    2. auto installer

phone hack is made by rompatcher app. by default this app comes with 2 patches, so you able to install UNsigned apps + full admin rights in all system folders.
    unsigned apps is a way to second part: http://thinkchange.cn/products/index/autoinstaller.html

this tool helps to install many apps automatically. it's also unsigned so i suggest you to f**k all this signing part and use rompatcher. and if you don't know.. if you don't do hard reset after flash, you will have everything untouched. however, it's good not to rely on luck and backup everything. so to help you as i promised, you tell me your info by code *#0000# (RM number, fw and what languages do you need on your phone). i'll then made a cfw for you with rompatcher inside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep! 2 things to know:
    1. phone hack
    2. auto installer

phone hack is made by rompatcher app. by default this app comes with 2 patches, so you able to install UNsigned apps + full admin rights in all system folders.
    unsigned apps is a way to second part: http://thinkchange.cn/products/index/autoinstaller.html

this tool helps to install many apps automatically. it's also unsigned so i suggest you to f**k all this signing part and use rompatcher. and if you don't know.. if you don't do hard reset after flash, you will have everything untouched. however, it's good not to rely on luck and backup everything. so to help you as i promised, you tell me your info by code *#0000# (RM number, fw and what languages do you need on your phone). i'll then made a cfw for you with rompatcher inside.
    I've got my certificates, and I've all the installation files signed. I'll sign this too. ThankQ sooo much!
    I just need to know something, considering if my phone doesnt connect to the PC after the software update, how will I restore everything then? Isnt there a way to backup all my things to the memory card and then restore them right on the phone, without involving the PC? I've seen an option to backup phone memory to memory card bt I'm not sure what it'll do, will it backup all my notes, and calendar entries?
    Or there is some other way to backup everything on PC, other than the Nokia PC Suites?

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by mehranshaikh
    I've got my certificates, and I've all the installation files signed. I'll sign this too. ThankQ sooo much!
    I just need to know something, considering if my phone doesnt connect to the PC after the software update, how will I restore everything then? Isnt there a way to backup all my things to the memory card and then restore them right on the phone, without involving the PC? I've seen an option to backup phone memory to memory card bt I'm not sure what it'll do, will it backup all my notes, and calendar entries?
    Or there is some other way to backup everything on PC, other than the Nokia PC Suites?
    Ovi suite backup!
    Also default file manager
    Bro I suggest you use a CFW
    If you have sis files of all your apos you can use AutoInstaller to install them all (do about 20 at a time)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Ovi suite backup!
    Also default file manager
    Bro I suggest you use a CFW
    If you have sis files of all your apos you can use AutoInstaller to install them all (do about 20 at a time)
    Ovi Backup isnt working, when I connect my phone to Ovi Suite, it shows that its connected, but its unable to do anything.

shadowninty

Ovi Backup isnt working, when I connect my phone to Ovi Suite, it shows that its connected, but its unable to do anything.
    Use default file manager so

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yup the backup option on device works great! try it there are options so you can select to back up only things you need

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Use default file manager so
    Thnx!

Bt I've 1 more prob.
    On Navifirm, there are many links for firmware download.
    I've Black-Red and I live near India, so I chose Indian Black Red Version, but there were two of them. I'm posting their screen shots, can yu tell meh which one to download?

This the first one:

This is the second one:

Or should I download any other?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast