Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Are Nokia 5230 Nuron and 5235 Comes with Music the same device?

Oh!! So simply changing product code and using NSU won't work! Thanks for the warning. And that rofs thing, I should learn alot! 'cause I really don't get it.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by aurora13
    Oh!! So simply changing product code and using NSU won't work! Thanks for the warning. And that rofs thing, I should learn alot! 'cause I really don't get it.
    For a [custom] Firmware there are 4 components; UDA (which is phones C Drive [phone mem]), CORE (which contains the most important files, ROFS2 (languages and other files) and ROFS3 (other files, usually themes in OFW)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for the explanation I'll dig it some more... it's harder than slick'ing my BIOS I downloaded an updated 5230 firmware with navifirm. Now should I change the files in it accordingly and flash with Phoenix or JAF basically? Well I don't wanna disturb you with my endless questions!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

'cause I wanna be sure a buggy phone is better than a brick When I get necessary info I'll go for it thanks to u guys
    if RM number is SAME, you won't get a brick or even buggy phone. all you need to update via nsu/ovi is changing product code to someone from rm-588 which is in latest fw list (use navifirm to find ur regional code)
    i guess you know how to change product code.

btw there is fw 20.6.7 as you can see. it is like yours has the middle number 6. but i repeat: if RM is same, you just can't brick phone.

why you can't brick a phone? because nokia simply can't put fw for DIFFERENT phones in one phone's update server. so they are equal in hw part.

shadowninty

thanks for the explanation I'll dig it some more... it's harder than slick'ing my BIOS I downloaded an updated 5230 firmware with navifirm. Now should I change the files in it accordingly and flash with Phoenix or JAF basically? Well I don't wanna disturb you with my endless questions!
    No you can't flash a RM-625 phone with RM-588 core file

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

But if I search for the 5230 (RM-588, my phone has this code also)
    he has also rm-588

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    No you can't flash a RM-625 phone with RM-588 core file
    My phone is also RM-588 (5235) like 5230s. I'm not sure about cooked firmwares 'cause I know little about flashing them with phoenix or jaf. But I guess I'll eventually use a cfw because of those certificate issues. Thanks for the info sanja5800 and shadowninty.

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    btw there is fw 20.6.7 as you can see. it is like yours has the middle number 6. but i repeat: if RM is same, you just can't brick phone.
    Should I use always firmware versions with "6" in the middle? Hmm, I didn't know that. 'cause latest fw for 5230 seems to be 21.0.4 in navifirm. Btw should I use Euro2 in order to keep my language? (Turkish)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i just suggest this *.6.* fw for you. but as we see you can't brick device cuz they are same in hardware as firmware is at the same server. yes you should keep your rofs2 euro. but, although it's possible, don't mix it up. either keep everything *.0.* or *.6.*
    it's not specific region device so i think euro with turkish is also in fw 21, so you can safely use it. and remember - NO WAY to downgrade. so choose wisely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    i just suggest this *.6.* fw for you. but as we see you can't brick device cuz they are same in hardware as firmware is at the same server. yes you should keep your rofs2 euro. but, although it's possible, don't mix it up. either keep everything *.0.* or *.6.*
    it's not specific region device so i think euro with turkish is also in fw 21, so you can safely use it. and remember - NO WAY to downgrade. so choose wisely.
    Ok I'll change my product code accordingly and go for *6*. thank you very much

edit: I succesfully updated my firmware to 20.6* and not bricked it Hoping to get rid of those bugs in this new version. Now it's time to learn how to cook or apply cooked fws I liked this forum, keep going guys. It's nice to have helpful and knowing people around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I found a way to hack my phone in this forum. PNHT hack for 5233. But I guess we need a modified uda file to apply this procedure. How can I find a uda file for my phone? I searched all over the forum but couldn't find any. Any idea? Yeah I know u got bored of me Many thanks again...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast