Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    The new firmware is now available, please post here the Bugs, Changes, etc concerning this firmware version.

    Members have reported a lot of changes like

    -kinetic scrolling on menus
    -ovi sync
    -shazam
    -ovi contacts
    -louder loudspeaker volume
    -better touch response
    -faster landscape to portrait transitions
    -better overall performance
    -music player is now n97/5800 like with exit button change to 'hide'

    Edit: your phone can remain hacked if you dont hard reset your phone before upgrading. Confirmed on both NSU and FOTA upgrade. The firmware seems stable and great that you dont need to do a hard reset or mmc reformat before or after updating....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    What can i say? Really satisfied with it, but it's better if the cpu can clock higher

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    What can i say? Really satisfied with it, but it's better if the cpu can clock higher
    hope your right on that.... i can only update it via FOTA since all Pcs at home are Macs. i updated v21 via FOTA too. hope it runs smooth as before.


    Can anyone check if its hackable via hellox? i doubt it... but at least check if you can

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    hope your right on that.... i can only update it via FOTA since all Pcs at home are Macs. i updated v21 via FOTA too. hope it runs smooth as before.


    Can anyone check if its hackable via hellox? i doubt it... but at least check if you can
    It's not hackable with HelloOX

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Hmm, looks like it got some conflict to add 8HS, somebody tried it?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    do i have to hard reset before updating via FOTA? is it safer?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    do i have to hard reset before updating via FOTA? is it safer?
    I think better hard reset, but please delete private, sys, system, and resource folder in your memory card, i download my firmware from navifirm, so i don't know is that any risk with FOTA update...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    I think better hard reset, but please delete private, sys, system, and resource folder in your memory card, i download my firmware from navifirm, so i don't know is that any risk with FOTA update...
    i prefer to remove the mmc when doing an update FOTA, just to be safe. then i will try to do a hard reset first then... im scared to brick my phone rofl

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    i prefer to remove the mmc when doing an update FOTA, just to be safe. then i will try to do a hard reset first then... im scared to brick my phone rofl
    Why don't download from navifirm and flash it? I always update my phone and my friend's 5800 like this

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5530 v30.0.009 now available via NSU and FOTA

    I have uploaded a short youtube clip of our new firmware. Enjoy


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Update 31.0.008 available via NSU and FOTA!
    By sano33 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
  2. How to update other than NSU or FOTA?
    By Keshav in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
  3. FOTA settings
    By dondre47 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 05:45 AM
  4. FOTA Vs NSU
    By samers in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
  5. FOTA problem..
    By seth2323 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •