Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 399
  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    86
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    LOL.. nokia will never do dat :P
    The only reason Nokia never gave Symbian OS updates was because they had to license Symbian for every device they sold therefore if they wanted to upgrade every device of a model e.g. the N95, they would have to re-pay royalities to Symbian Ltd. (which at the time was privately held) which made no sense as it cuts into their profits. S^3 however is different as its open-source so no royalty costs therefore the *actual* likelihood of it coming has increased but ofcourse that is up to Nokia at the end of the day and the way I see it, the 5800 is nearly 18 months old and they are got other things to try and do such as design new phones.

    Not knocking them but at the end of the day, its a business right? I for one love updates and I am first on the bandwagon to update but if they choose not to send out updates, we have to respect their decision - 2007-2008 hardware running S^3 how it should be (all UI candy etc.) is a real toughie and we all have to ask - is it really that worth it to have a slower S^3 device or a faster S^1 device (but WE all know the answers... )

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Well if it can't come via FOTA
    I can ofcourse come via Nokia Software Updater
    or Navifirm if Nokia wants to release it

    I don't think they will anyways :P

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    736
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    But in my opinion, it'll be very slow on 5800. I don't want to put my lovely 5800 under "mental" pressure :P

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,587
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMack
    But in my opinion, it'll be very slow on 5800. I don't want to put my lovely 5800 under "mental" pressure :P
    yeah! i wonder why new s60v3fp2 have 600 mhz cpu while all s^1 touch phones have barely 434.. the most stupid thing nokia did ever

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    736
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    yeah! i wonder why new s60v3fp2 have 600 mhz cpu while all s^1 touch phones have barely 434.. the most stupid thing nokia did ever
    the 5800 CPU can go max 600 mhz aswell. Nokia keeps it underclocked, cheating a-holes :>

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    yeah! i wonder why new s60v3fp2 have 600 mhz cpu while all s^1 touch phones have barely 434.. the most stupid thing nokia did ever
    How can you say it will run slow. Nokia is not a kid. If they release S^3 for 5800.. ofcourse they will optimize it to fit 5800 hardware

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,915
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMack
    the 5800 CPU can go max 600 mhz aswell. Nokia keeps it underclocked, cheating a-holes :>
    well actually putting it to its highest 600mhz is gonna give us extremely low battery life performance!!

    can anyone tell us the graphics processor used in 5800/n97/etc?? we know that the n8 is awesome only because of its BCM2727 multimedia processor. whats the multimedia processor in our phones? it should be there, because real player can play nHD 2000kbps videos smoothly, so definitely some strong hardware IS there. just that s60v5 does not access the graphics acrhitecture. if we get symbian^3, the media controller may be finally accessed by those gameloft HD games that work only on satio/i8910...

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    463
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    I think we wil get same symbian ^1.. with some bugs in v50 would be fixed.....and may be some changes in HS..!!

    And everyone is dreaming abt S^3...!! he he ) i think it would stay as a dream...!!

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,587
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Undertaker=-
    well actually putting it to its highest 600mhz is gonna give us extremely low battery life performance!!
    well, not the bp-4l, but 1320 mAh can do, believe me.

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,915
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Will Nokia bring for 5800 FW v60?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    well, not the bp-4l, but 1320 mAh can do, believe me.
    after a year of usage, my 1320mah is barely able to live 12 hours on a full charge for me.... the display basically uses a LOT of battery, so adding to that with a higher processor clock might be even more power consuming.

    If we actually do manage to overclock it, we could always use Nokia Energy Profiler app to see if there's real significant effect, instead of putting out these theories.


 
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are nokia bring out a new XpressMusic? is it just like a 5800
    By crazyyen in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  2. Bring Gravity To Nokia N900 Petition
    By colm.smyth in forum Maemo and MeeGo Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 05:44 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
  4. Dolby and Nokia to Bring High Definition Audio Experience to Symbian^3
    By phattrance in forum Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •