Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by awkward
    Hello. I need help

I was flashing my phone with a CFW (using JAF) and I guess I let the battery run too low because all of a sudden it stopped turning on. I tried flashing with other FW's (original one from Navifirm as well) and nothing worked. It only vibrates when I press it for some time to turn on, but never does.

I read this tutorial and everything was going fine until it reached 98% programming with Phoenix and it simply seemed to lose USB connection. It began a 25-to-0 countdown waiting for USB connection which never came, and the flashing failed.

I have downloaded the files from Navifirm once again (newest version, 52.0.007 - which was the one I was always using before) but it can't find the phone via USB now.

Please, I'm lost!!!!!
    lol... I just bricked my phone the same way and it's acting the same way. any ideas?

UPD: phone un-bricked somehow since I had nothing to lose I flashed Xtension legacy and it somehow started working

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    how about trying to change your usb port? are you sure your battery has enough juice in it?
    I have 2 batteries... the one that was on the phone when it got bricked doesn't, but the other does...

Quote Originally Posted by guccis
    UPD: phone un-bricked somehow since I had nothing to lose I flashed Xtension legacy and it somehow started working
    What did you do? Did you use JAF or Phoenix? Was your phone getting the green/white/black screens when flashing? What options did you select?

Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yea, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. in the same mess now with now luck.

ok, update. i have an RM-428 US Navi edition. this is the cfw i tried to flash to CFW Symbian v6.2 Anna.

it didnt work so i tried to flash back to the original. that didn't work and ended up bricking my phone. i spent about 4 hours trying to fix it while getting the same symptoms as you, no luck. i then went back to try and install the 6.2 cfw (the RM-356 version, even though my phone is RM-42 and it worked. i'm ridiculously relieved, i hope this can somehow help you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't see what to get from there... maybe install a CFW from another RM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't see what to get from there... maybe install a CFW from another RM
    which rm is yours?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What did you do? Did you use JAF or Phoenix? Was your phone getting the green/white/black screens when flashing? What options did you select?

Thanks!
    My phone wasn't even turning on after flashing OFW except for vibration after pressing "Power on", so I flashed CFW and it suddenly came to life. I'm not flashing it anymore - don't want to screw it up again And I don't want to actually, because everything is working much smoother with CFW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My phone wasn't even turning on after flashing OFW except for vibration after pressing "Power on", so I flashed CFW and it suddenly came to life. I'm not flashing it anymore - don't want to screw it up again And I don't want to actually, because everything is working much smoother with CFW
    exact same situation. vibrate, but nothing on the screen. that was after the screw up while i was trying to flash it back to the original firmware. then i read your post and flashed with cfw and it worked like a charm.

definitely wanted to say thanks to you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pinyata
    which rm is yours?
    RM-356...

Quote Originally Posted by pinyata
    exact same situation. vibrate, but nothing on the screen. that was after the screw up while i was trying to flash it back to the original firmware. then i read your post and flashed with cfw and it worked like a charm.
    I tried CFW, but didn't work either

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

RM-356...

I tried CFW, but didn't work either
    hmm, which cfw did you use? also, what is your procedure for doing the flash and what programs are you using?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried several CFW (including this Xtension Legacy one), and doing the regular processes with JAF and Phoenix as taught on this site's tutorials...

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast