Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    aznboinghia

Default Re: [Sticky] Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

oh that wierd i have the same problem too, but my phone fixed itself over a week past lol. funny huh? i was at v10 at the time.

right now im on v11 which is kinda of a disappointment , still slow as usual sigh.

wind_twu

Default Re: [Sticky] Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

This guide is superb! i finally can flash the phone with Chinese input and read my chinese sms. A million thanks!

bulu

I got the following error when I followed the procedure "Phone reported Downgrade not possible. Flash a newer SW version". See full error message below. Anyone knows where I can get the new version?

THanks.
    --------------------------
    Flashing Secondary boot code: 15040 Bytes
    Sending USB data: 27%
    Sending USB data: 54%
    Sending USB data: 82%
    Sending USB data: 100%
    Secondary boot loaded
    Skipping USB handshake...
    Flashing Update Server Data: 2421369 Bytes
    Flashing UPS data: 0%
    Flashing UPS data: 28%
    Flashing UPS data: 50%
    Flashing UPS data: 71%
    Flashing UPS data: 93%
    Flashing UPS data: 100%
    Flashing UPS data: 100%
    Update server loaded
    Waiting for Update Server to boot...
    Closing connection
    Connecting to device...
    Connection opened
    Asic CMT: Verifying communication to device...
    Asic CMT: UA Protocol 1.0 detected.
    Initializing Update Server....
    Asic CMT: Verifying communication to device...
    Asic CMT: UA Protocol 1.0 detected.
    Loading image files...
    Error ADL Loader: Phone reported Downgrade not possible. Flash a newer SW version
    Protocol 1: Error during Negotiation. Unable to flash.
    Unable to flash phone 0x8401227A

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it seems that the phone has a newer firmware than the file! thats why its saying that the "downgrade" is not possible
    testing

bulu

Yes, that is correct. I think my phone has the v11.0.08 firmware. WOuld appreciate if someone can show me where to get this version.

THanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phat^Trance
    this post is a sticky now, very nice work ElevenX

Btw there must be many broken 5800 out there since this post is getting between 200-300 google hits / day
    hehe thanks,
    On top of those with bricked phones, I think there's a lot of them out there trying to 'Flash' their phones to newer versions or changing their euro sets to asian firmware to read chinese text and vice versa.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alebolla
    Just noticed that after I flashed my 5800 from HK version to EURO1 version it did lose the Dictionary application.
    Wanted to give you guys an update
    Remove the Micro SD card before flashing your phone. Dictionary is installed in your SD card. Try to look for Backup of original SD card contents for 5800.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Do you still hit the refurbish button if you're updating rather than flashing a bricked phone? I'm assuming you don't have to check the dead phone usb flashing box when just upgrading?

aznboinghia

right now v11 is still slow at multitasking and sometimes i would still get the speaker volume bugs sometimes.. sigh Nokia sure is taking their sweet time releasing the finalize version of v11. >.> still no updates!!

nik213

Thank you so much ElevenX!!!

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast