Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 597
  1. #381
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Hello guys,

    I bricked my T-Mobile E72 when tried to update to the latest firmware and I've tried to recover it using JAD and phoenix. In JAF it failed because I had this error:

    "PRESS POWER ON NOW!
    Searching for phone...Found
    Error reading phone init data..."

    With Phoenix, I'm also having an error: It happens after the 25 countdown and when it reached 0 the following message appears:

    "Flash: Unable to communicate with the device after flashing. Check USB connections!"

    Please mates, help me out on this one... I lost all my afternoon and night fighting in front on my laptop...

    I'll go to bed now ;f

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zide
    Hello guys,

    I bricked my T-Mobile E72 when tried to update to the latest firmware and I've tried to recover it using JAD and phoenix. In JAF it failed because I had this error:

    "PRESS POWER ON NOW!
    Searching for phone...Found
    Error reading phone init data..."

    With Phoenix, I'm also having an error: It happens after the 25 countdown and when it reached 0 the following message appears:

    "Flash: Unable to communicate with the device after flashing. Check USB connections!"

    Please mates, help me out on this one... I lost all my afternoon and night fighting in front on my laptop...

    I'll go to bed now ;f
    after the error in phoenix, have you tried taking it out of the usb, removing the battery, inserting the battery and trying to turn on the phone again? what happens?

  3. #383
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Nothing changes.

    It vibrates and the screen kinda have black blinks (no light at all). Then, after maybe 5 seconds, it gets off.

  4. #384
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zide
    Nothing changes.

    It vibrates and the screen kinda have black blinks (no light at all). Then, after maybe 5 seconds, it gets off.
    you mentioned nsu earlier? what exactly did you do when you unbranded?

  5. #385
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    When I tried to unbrand I changed the product code to the Portuguese one (using NSS), and ran the NSU. The update finished sucessfully (at least it said) but when I was going to turn it ON it was bricked... Since then that's what happen when I try to power it on.

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zide
    When I tried to unbrand I changed the product code to the Portuguese one (using NSS), and ran the NSU. The update finished sucessfully (at least it said) but when I was going to turn it ON it was bricked... Since then that's what happen when I try to power it on.
    did the two firmwares (branded and unbranded) have the same version number and rm type?

  7. #387
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    The branded firmware had a different version (the previous one) and yeah, the rm-type was the same on both (rm-530). Well, I'm almost sure about this..

  8. #388
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zide
    The branded firmware had a different version (the previous one) and yeah, the rm-type was the same on both (rm-530). Well, I'm almost sure about this..
    Well, since you used NSU to upgrade the first time (you did right?) i see no reason why it could corrupt your permanent memory (my initial guess).

    Now, I would nee to see your Phoenix Log.

    Also, where did you download your firmware files from?

  9. #389
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Yes I did use the NSU.

    The firmware files were taken with Navifirm.

    Here's the log:


    Flashing started
    Creating product data items list
    Product data items list created
    Backup not required
    Flashing phone
    Initializing
    Scanning image files...
    Waiting for USB device...
    --- Press phone's power button! ---
    Unable to open and parse CmtUlo file D:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\Tss\Flash\MICROv10_alg2nd.fg
    Loading secondary boot code: 14912 bytes
    Secondary boot loaded
    Loading update server code: 520418 bytes
    Update server loaded
    Partitioning....
    Partitioning complete
    Erasing....
    Erasing complete
    Asic CMT: Start programming 173838 KB...
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 0%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 10%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 20%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 30%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 40%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 50%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 60%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 70%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 80%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 90%
    Programming complete
    WARNING: Asic CMT: NAND status reported bad blocks
    Asic CMT: programming succeeded
    Asic CMT: Verifying communication to device...
    Waiting for communication response: 25
    Waiting for communication response: 24
    Waiting for communication response: 23
    Waiting for communication response: 22
    Waiting for communication response: 21
    Waiting for communication response: 20
    Waiting for communication response: 19
    Waiting for communication response: 18
    Waiting for communication response: 17
    Waiting for communication response: 16
    Waiting for communication response: 15
    Waiting for communication response: 14
    Waiting for communication response: 13
    Waiting for communication response: 12
    Waiting for communication response: 11
    Waiting for communication response: 10
    Waiting for communication response: 9
    Waiting for communication response: 8
    Waiting for communication response: 7
    Waiting for communication response: 6
    Waiting for communication response: 5
    Waiting for communication response: 4
    Waiting for communication response: 3
    Waiting for communication response: 2
    Waiting for communication response: 1
    Error 0x84009427 communicating to phone. Unable to verify comm.
    Warning: Unable to communicate to product after flashing



    This is the text in the error window that pops-up:


    The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?

    HRESULT 0x8401f153 (-2080247469)

    Flash: Unable to communicate with the device after flashing. Check USB connections!

  10. #390
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zide
    Yes I did use the NSU.

    The firmware files were taken with Navifirm.

    Here's the log:


    Flashing started
    Creating product data items list
    Product data items list created
    Backup not required
    Flashing phone
    Initializing
    Scanning image files...
    Waiting for USB device...
    --- Press phone's power button! ---
    Unable to open and parse CmtUlo file D:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\Tss\Flash\MICROv10_alg2nd.fg
    Loading secondary boot code: 14912 bytes
    Secondary boot loaded
    Loading update server code: 520418 bytes
    Update server loaded
    Partitioning....
    Partitioning complete
    Erasing....
    Erasing complete
    Asic CMT: Start programming 173838 KB...
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 0%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 10%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 20%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 30%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 40%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 50%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 60%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 70%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 80%
    Asic CMT: Programming data sent: 90%
    Programming complete
    WARNING: Asic CMT: NAND status reported bad blocks
    Asic CMT: programming succeeded
    Asic CMT: Verifying communication to device...
    Waiting for communication response: 25
    Waiting for communication response: 24
    Waiting for communication response: 23
    Waiting for communication response: 22
    Waiting for communication response: 21
    Waiting for communication response: 20
    Waiting for communication response: 19
    Waiting for communication response: 18
    Waiting for communication response: 17
    Waiting for communication response: 16
    Waiting for communication response: 15
    Waiting for communication response: 14
    Waiting for communication response: 13
    Waiting for communication response: 12
    Waiting for communication response: 11
    Waiting for communication response: 10
    Waiting for communication response: 9
    Waiting for communication response: 8
    Waiting for communication response: 7
    Waiting for communication response: 6
    Waiting for communication response: 5
    Waiting for communication response: 4
    Waiting for communication response: 3
    Waiting for communication response: 2
    Waiting for communication response: 1
    Error 0x84009427 communicating to phone. Unable to verify comm.
    Warning: Unable to communicate to product after flashing



    This is the text in the error window that pops-up:


    The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?

    HRESULT 0x8401f153 (-2080247469)

    Flash: Unable to communicate with the device after flashing. Check USB connections!
    Well, you could try one of several things. i'm seeing that our phones have problems with something called a RAP IC (hardware) that's why flashing is really not working for us. But in any case, before bringing it to the service center, let's try to fix it ourselves.

    Download the latest Phoenix from here

    http://rapidshare.com/files/35989476...nix_2010.8.exe

    The one posted here is an old version (200

    Uninstall the Phoenix which is currently installed. Install this one.

    Try again.

    Edit: Also, I noticed that you too, have usb charging

    "2.0mm Charger Connector USB Charging"

    If this is the case, you have to be very quick when connecting your mobile (while it's off) (remove the battery to make sure, then put it back in)

    Follow the instructions to the letter, except don't plug in the phone yet.

    Plug it in after you click the refurbish button, then very briefly, press the power button (about half a second, until you hear a usb device has been plugged in to your pc). Let's see if this works mate.

    Edit2: Also, I've learned that by normal updating with NSU, this problem (specific to phones like these) can occur. if you bring it to the service center, they hopefully won't suspect a thing.


 
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to reformat my phone - help guyz on my 5800
    By mrgoal in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •