Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone using Phoenix

i get this error:

Error loading component

HRESULT 0x80004005 (-2147467259)
    This means:
    Unspecified error

What did i do wrong please HELP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

itryed to update with OVI software the firmware 4.otoday ndfor some reasons the insallation failed an now my phone is dead! i do have an 5800XM - 0574324. when i checked with navifirm i have 2 options for it1 please help me uring the proccees! thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I was able to reflash my dead / killed / bricked Nokia 5800 using Phoenix. I write this forum post only to provide some hope to those unfortunate people that have their prized phone rendered useless. Also, I wish to thank the numerous contributors that were able to write in forum posts (in coherent English) with detailed instructions on how to reflash the firmware.

Background: I used the Nokia Software Update (NSU) tool to update my Nokia 5800 RM-356 ( also called 5800-D1) to the latest v40 firmware. The phone was not hacked or modified in any way. After using the NSU tool, it bricked / killed my phone. The symptoms were that after pressing the power button the screen always remained black, no light at all. After holding down the power button for sometime, the phone would vibrate, but no further response. When the phone was connected to a USB port to a desktop computer running XP, and the power button was pressed, a sound by the PC would be made to indicate it was connected to the USB port, but then a disconnect sound would be played about 1 second later. If the power button was still held down, the phone would vibrate, but no further indication of connection to the USB port.

I tried for a couple of days to use the Phoenix software to reflash my phone, using the instructions provided on this site. It did not work. I also tried using JAF, which also did not work. Both software packages have an option for Dead USB Flash or similar. In each case, when the software asked for the power button to be pressed, as described above, the unit would connect to the USB port on the computer and then immediately disconnect. I followed all the instructions about removing all Nokia software and drivers, removing virus scanning software, firewalls etc... etc... I worked on this for several days.

Solution: I read in one posting that one should try a different computer... and it worked! I used another computer with Windows XP. In the end, I was not able to get JAF to reflash the phone, only Phoenix. This still was not a straight forward process. What worked in the end was to have the battery charged up AND to have it plugged into the charger as well. I got to a point in the reflashing process where the screen was white, a Nokia logo displayed and the words "local mode". It seemed to be stuck in this mode for several minutes (literally). The Phoenix software timed out when it was counting down the "Waiting for communication response: 25" etc, and the phone was still stuck in the "local mode". However I waited what was an inordinate time, and then the phone started working!

Postscript: I must say that I am a disappointed in the Nokia Software Update tool. It killed my phone. I took my phone to the Nokia "Care" centre in Adelaide, and they were not willing to look at it.... "care" Another repair centre said it was a difficult problem, and after waiting for 2 weeks and three telephone calls to them they return it to me untouched. I am computer literate and was able to fix my phone. I send my sympathy to any lay person that ends up in this situation.

Good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

tnxs so much i just brick my phone ill try this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

HI. I'm trying to revive my dead 5800 with Phoenix, but it always stucks at the "Programming RM356_40.0.005_023_xxx_U01.uda.fpsx" step and after a few seconds it begins the countdown giving me the next error message in the end:
    The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?
    HRESULT 0x8401f153 (-2080247469)
    Flash: Unable to communicate with the device after flashing. Check USB connections!
    PLEASE help me if you can!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi. It's still me. After the morons from the service "desperately tried (yeah really)" to repair my phone, they decided to cancel my warranty (it wasn't an original Nokia warranty), I've decided to try and revive my precious one with this tutorial and used the firmware files from here (click BB5 support) I've managed to revive my 5800 at home in under then 10 minutes. After flashing it displayed the local mode image for a couple of seconds, then it restarted and asked the region, date and time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I bricked my phone while updating a customfirmware (it is vibrating on startup but nothing else hapens) but phoenix wont help me taking my 5800 back to life because the "dead usb flashing mode" is not available like in te picture in opening post?!
    what can i do to enable it back?!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

guys i need help!!i was flashing my bricked phone,but then my phoenix suddenly go off while the flashing in progress
    now i cannot reflash my phone anymore,it show "Phone reported Downgrade not possible. Flash a newer SW version"
    but the firmware i'm flashing is the lastest one,help pls!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You can't even imagine how much i thank you for this guide... now that Alpha Copy (Nokias partner in greece) in Athens stopped working with Nokia i had to send my mobile for like 2 months away to have it fixed (that's what they said to me..) but after 1hour trying stuff managed to fix it myself and from now on i know if smthing goes wrong what i need to do...
    Once more thank you so much

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Many thanks for the guide, worked like a charm for my 5800!! I also am very pleased to have avoided Nokia's Greek service an have the phone working again...

Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast