Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

Quote Originally Posted by alebolla
    Flashing worked like a charm, was able to bring my baby back to life and even flashed the Euro languages on my HK phone.
    From now on will always install everything on the memory card.

Thank you to all and especially to Phat^Trance :P
    your welcome =) but all cred goes to ElevenX for writing this thread
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll post up some pics of the process, explained in english, after I knock off from work.
    Maybe torrent the files.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wow this is a God send if it indeed works to restore !!! very nice find and great thing you published it here. nice job !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenX
    I'll post up some pics of the process, explained in english, after I knock off from work.
    Maybe torrent the files.
    thanks man that would be awsome, i need to test if reflashing mine will solve my higher and lowering of the call volume.

its awsome that someone took his time to post this tips and files but dl strange chinese software first is pretty scary and sometimes uncertain. but hey whos complaining.

and Phat^Trance sure we/i could use a online translator but the english are very often rather poor.
    but thanks (tackar gosse) for a really good site and forum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hampa_D
    thanks man that would be awsome, i need to test if reflashing mine will solve my higher and lowering of the call volume.

its awsome that someone took his time to post this tips and files but dl strange chinese software first is pretty scary and sometimes uncertain. but hey whos complaining.

and Phat^Trance sure we/i could use a online translator but the english are very often rather poor.
    but thanks (tackar gosse) for a really good site and forum.
    Your welcome

I wonder, does that restoring firmware works with ALL 5800? since not all of the 5800 has the same product code
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It works with every Nokia 5800. This software is used by Nokia Service staff.

Most products(Phones) have 2 different Firmware packages for 2 regions
    EMEA = Europe, the Middle East and Africa
    APAC = Asia and Pacific

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just to place an update,
    I did have the problem that Hampa had with the volume of the calls lowering. My 5800 is from HK and flashing to EURO1 Blue DID NOT solve the problem. I still have to either push the phone really hard against my ear or squeeze the top right corner (where the usb connection is) to get a clear sound. Kinda lame for such a great phone.

I have also noticed that using the latest Phoenix software did not find the 5800 as connected with the USB cable. I downgraded to a lower version of the software and was able to read the info for the newly flashed phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alebolla
    Just to place an update,
    I did have the problem that Hampa had with the volume of the calls lowering. My 5800 is from HK and flashing to EURO1 Blue DID NOT solve the problem. I still have to either push the phone really hard against my ear or squeeze the top right corner (where the usb connection is) to get a clear sound. Kinda lame for such a great phone.
    Tried with a bluetooth handsfree or a HF?
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

for me the phones works with a BT handsfree without a problem well dont know what to say i want it to work so ill send it to a service center

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this post is a sticky now, very nice work ElevenX

Btw there must be many broken 5800 out there since this post is getting between 200-300 google hits / day 
    testing

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast