Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

Hello all,

I have gone thru all 14 pages here and Im left so confused , let me begin with the issue i am facing and then i can be helped with everyones expertise here...

My phone was originally bought in dubai and it came with the v10 software on it. In a few days it developed the volume bug and luckily I had a pal of mine travelling to dubai ( which is not the country of my residence) and i had the phone fixed and they upgraded to v11 as well....

Everything was perfect , the phone had no issues , and everything would work.

Now, the misery starts , I decide on upgrading my firmware to v20. So using NSU I upgraded my firmware to v20. My upgrade Failed the 1st time and I tried reflashing using NSU and it succeeded to v20 BUT it started with the miserable problem of the "lines" on the screen. So basically i lived with it as they problem dint occur "always". Hoping the issue will be fixed on v21 I waited...and i did a OTA upgrade to V21 over wifi and there!......now my phone is useless......the lines dont go , i cant see whos calling , i need to hold the phone with the camera on in weird angles and bright backgrounds to get the screen back to life and once the phone gets locked its again bust.

All I want to do is get back to my v11 which worked flawlessly and had no issues whatsoever. I cant have the phone resent to dubai for a fix as locally this phone wont be supported.

I need some seriously help here please
    Would be really nice if someone can guide precisely how i need to proceed ,

do i need a change in product code ?
    which v11 firmware do i use ?
    do i have to use jaf or phoenix ?

i just need my phone working , :reallysad: :sad:

any help will be appreciated! thank u all in advance.

P.S : I know 100% its not a hardware issue with the screen or anything...if it was a screen /hardware issue then the videos wont play and nor would it function normally....and consider this.....during the upgrade period from v11 to v20 it was 1 hour...the phone was on the desk in 1 location , dint fall , dint mess around , NOTHING........

all i need to know is to go back to v11

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thetechmind

I read about your problem. I don't believe its a bug or firmware problem. U better take your phone to the Nokia Customer Care and they are good enough to solve the problem.

It will work. Thats the best way to make your phone work without any severe damage. Take it to the local NCC.

Give it a shot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can somebody explain me what about is this procedure for?

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by mallias
    can somebody explain me what about is this procedure for?
    Read the first post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasua
    Read the first post.
    i have allready done it but i didn't get the point

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by mallias
    i have allready done it but i didn't get the point
    Some themes, apps, etc can get your phone to freeze, so you can't turn it on, then you need to dead flash your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thetechmind,

I got the same problem to, i also think it isnt a hardware problem. First i had the problem.. i didnt used the phone for 3 weeks.. when i started the phone after 3 weeks.. it works, but only for 1 day.. I was just writing a sms message..( and i didnt push the screen hard or something ) then the lines came for 2 seconds, then the normaly screen for 1 second and till now i get the lines  It is like a disco, and i cant do anything now. is your problem solved?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

anyone?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this kind of problem?
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9A7yd-2eeA[/youtube]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by max_online32
    this kind of problem?
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9A7yd-2eeA[/youtube]
    Exactly that problem but i cant get the normal screen, i get only the lines

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast