Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

I did an update via NSU and the phone went blank.

I can give the phone to nokia care and get it fixed. But today is Sunday and they are not available. Does this update void the warranty? Can we still get service from Nokia...

Any immediete help is appreciated..

mufaddal_km

u can try to get firmware file for your product code using navifirm tool
    and try to flash with the firmware of your region ..then u wont void ur warranty

Bubbaman

I can't figure out how to install the firmware. I used Navifirm to download RM-428 (the one I need) - but how to I get it into Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't find it in the directory that I made in Common Files/Nokia, etc. Help!

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaman
    I can't figure out how to install the firmware. I used Navifirm to download RM-428 (the one I need) - but how to I get it into Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't find it in the directory that I made in Common Files/Nokia, etc. Help!
    You need to put firmware files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\RM-428
    Download phoenix manual here http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind....0;attach=3992

metalmedo

HOLY FUCK DUDE !!!!!!

I was taking my phone to a nokia care center but I saw this and tried it and my phone came to life !!!

you can't imagine how much I love you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey my 5800 decided to give the message "Phone start-up failed contact supplier" I did a hard reset (green red camera) but only the white screen with NOKIA onit came up (no handshake). I downloaded all the files to flash it but Phoenix is asking for a nokia dongle. Can someone point me in the right direction to find a dongle. BTW I have the 2008 Patched Phoenix offered in the guide.

Many thanks

mufaddal_km

try with jaf tool if u have white screen

kevz65

hi guys, my 5800 got bricked while i was updating it and now i need to do this procedure!

I installed phonex 2008 patched well i tried to and the install didn't work properly. In the command prompt it said something like

patching, click patch
    access denied.

and now when i open it it says "please attach nokia dongle"

tried to install on my laptop as well, but no luck.

any ideas?

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by kevz65
    hi guys, my 5800 got bricked while i was updating it and now i need to do this procedure!

I installed phonex 2008 patched well i tried to and the install didn't work properly. In the command prompt it said something like

patching, click patch
    access denied.

and now when i open it it says "please attach nokia dongle"

tried to install on my laptop as well, but no luck.

any ideas?
    Use jaf.

mufaddal_km

u shud have used latest 2009 version of pheonix

Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast