Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    stseiya

Default Re: [Sticky] Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

Quote Originally Posted by mufaddal_km
    your post is very informative ....plz post in in english .it will help others as well
    I'm not speak english very well I'm going to try translate my explanation for all users of this Topic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Sticky] Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone - Hard Reset Your 5800

Quote Originally Posted by Ventsi
    Here's my quick guide to update from V10 HK to V11 EURO1:

1. Install Phoenix_2008_44_5_v2
    2. Install RM-356_EMEA_11.0.008_v2.0_5800
    3. Start Phoenix, connect the USB cable Phone <-> PC
    4. Click on File -> Manage Connections -> New -> click USB -> Next -> Finish -> leave USB on top of No Connection -> click Apply and then Close
    5. Click Flashing -> Firmware Update
    6. Click on the [...] button next to Product Code and choose whatever version you'd like. Phoenix will change it automatically during the flashing.
    7. Click Refurbish and wait for instructions on the screen.

That worked perfectly for me! Remember to do a full backup first, since the firmware update erases all your contacts, messages and everything else.

Tested on Windows XP SP3.
    Phone was ON all the time, memory card was ejected.

I did mine today following the exact same steps as above. Worked fine. My phone was not bricked so as above it remained on at the start of the process. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR IMPORTAINT INFO!!!

Oh and I had to go and install the software on my mums PC as it had never had any nokia software on it!! I did not fancy the hassle of installing all the nokia stuff on my lap top.

mufaddal_km

yes one should uninstall pc suite completely with all files and start fresh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried that first but it still did not work.

mufaddal_km

did u use the pc suite uninstaller ...
    may be just try on desktop where pc suite isnt installed

Milap619

hey i m unable to download the phoenix file...what shud i do

mufaddal_km

i checked the links are working fine ...i can download .
    wht error are u facing ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

might be a silly question but what does "Flashing your Bricked/Dead Nokia 5800 phone" really mean?

I have also a question:

After the hard reset and flashing my phone seems to be a little bit slower than before. A game (Meteor) has now only ~27 FPS and before the process ~35 FPS (look at the left below corner)!
    How can I speed up the phone again?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast