Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Firmware and Language on 5800

i'm just wondering, my original product code was a Taiwan Country Variant then i changed it to APAC 2 black south asia to obtain V40.

now since my original Product Code (the taiwan) allows me now to update to V50, i want now to go back to my original product code and update

but, i'm confused and worried that if i upgrade the FW of my phone using the Taiwan product code. my worries will be the language or maybe just maybe when i open my 5800 after a hard reset then the language becomes all chinese characters.

so i hope you end my confusion, does the language pack on our 5800 blend in to their respective product codes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Firmware and Language on 5800

Quote Originally Posted by ardeeon
    i'm just wondering, my original product code was a Taiwan Country Variant then i changed it to APAC 2 black south asia to obtain V40.

now since my original Product Code (the taiwan) allows me now to update to V50, i want now to go back to my original product code and update

but, i'm confused and worried that if i upgrade the FW of my phone using the Taiwan product code. my worries will be the language or maybe just maybe when i open my 5800 after a hard reset then the language becomes all chinese characters.

so i hope you end my confusion, does the language pack on our 5800 blend in to their respective product codes?
    yes. the product codes dictate what firmware your device will be updated to and thus the language also depends on it.

give me the product code and i can tell you what languages will be in that product code.