Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Firmware Update Problem

Hi, I am using n97 with version 11. I bought this phone in Switzerland. Now I am in India. Yesterday I went to Nokia Care for updating to the latest. The people at Nokia Care told me that "We cannot guarantee the update as the phone is from other country. There will be 90% problem with board and the phone may go dead."

Is it correct. If so why cannot people from nokia make update for all countries the same. Please help me in updating the phone.

Today I tried to update it through Nokia PC Suite and also through Ovi Suite it is failing every time I started the update in the middle. Because the update is very large around 100MB. The suite is trying to download a file from this link :

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fdp/i...9_prd.core.C00

So I downloaded the file manually as it is around 101MB. Is this file needed to update my phone or shall I need to download any other.

Could you please tell me how to update with that file.

Bye

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Firmware Update Problem

If you have downloaded the file manualy, then u need to flash ur phone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Firmware Update Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mailramk
    Hi, I am using n97 with version 11. I bought this phone in Switzerland. Now I am in India. Yesterday I went to Nokia Care for updating to the latest. The people at Nokia Care told me that "We cannot guarantee the update as the phone is from other country. There will be 90% problem with board and the phone may go dead."

Is it correct. If so why cannot people from nokia make update for all countries the same. Please help me in updating the phone.

Today I tried to update it through Nokia PC Suite and also through Ovi Suite it is failing every time I started the update in the middle. Because the update is very large around 100MB. The suite is trying to download a file from this link :

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fdp/i...9_prd.core.C00

So I downloaded the file manually as it is around 101MB. Is this file needed to update my phone or shall I need to download any other.

Could you please tell me how to update with that file.

Bye
    a couple of things mate. no, there will be no problem with your board. the guy you spoke with is a moron. if NSU says you can update, then you can update.

that is one of the files needed for the update. it also needs other files. i do not suggest you do this manually, i'm assuming you don't know about flashing and it's easier to just update it thtough Nokia Software Updater.

Off topic: how did you find out what Nokia Software Updater was downloading?