Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: v50 fixes Nokia 5800 display problem!!!

I know that this is Hardware problem and i was sceptic about fixing this problem with nsu.

MY 5800 Red v 21 display had the changing colours problem and from some days white horizontal lines, too.

I don't know how is this possibile, because its hardware problem, but after upgrading with NSU from 21 to 50 no more changing colours or horizontal lines.

It sounds absurd but its the truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonyip33
    My phone GOT the display problem AFTER upgrading to v50. Before, never had that problem.
    Yeap.... Same... Before that never happened....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

WOW and here I thought I was the only one. Since many of my friends didn't have this problem.
    So the first question Is it a software or a hardware problem? I went to the Nokia service to fix a software problem since my phone had stopped working (I couldn't turn it on). They fixed the problem and only seven days later this screen problem started, first occasionally, that it started to become more frequent during the winter, and today every time I unlock the phone, or tap the screen when it dims it happens. So I found several techniques such as to tap the middle button and unlock the phone, or to turn on the camera and ty to take a photo using a flash. It also resolves if you place a magnet on the screen. BUT it's too much. I'm even thinking of changing my phone with another one but I feel sorry, cause all in all I'm satisfied with this phone.
    On the other hand some of the posts say that the problem started with firmware v.31, and that's the version they installed while the phone was in service. But I read here that some people didn't resolve this problem with new v.50 firmware, or that the problem first appeared after installing v.50?
    I tried to update my firmware to v.50 but it says that the update can't be installed since my phone is not compatible with it ?!?!?! How come when I use the standard *#0000# and then follow the instructions - update software.
    Please tell me what to do?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234