Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: v50 fixes Nokia 5800 display problem!!!

..me too, this phone is a nightmare .. as im still getting a garbled screen even if am already upgraded my firmware to v50 .. garbled screen is still existing!!!
    ..does anyone knows how to fix this sh*t?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet.Insanity
    ..me too, this phone is a nightmare .. as im still getting a garbled screen even if am already upgraded my firmware to v50 .. garbled screen is still existing!!!
    ..does anyone knows how to fix this sh*t?
    i made a video just for you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

..wow!! thanks for that vid .. i'll try to disassemble my phone tonight .. and do what is needed to be done just to have it fixed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This update also made the phone waterproof.
    Try and enjoy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hiii all,
    I dont think the problem is solved in v50
    Because the problem will come back when the temp goes below 15 degrees......itzzz a hardware problem nt a software prob so plzzz still replace the lcdzzz so tht u dont need to pay once you r out of warreny
    Thxxx enjoy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Never faced this problem...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with firmware v50 fixing the display issue? Also, for the people who upgraded and still had malfunctioning screens, did y'all hard reset after update?

My NAM product code hasn't received the update yet, and just wondering if I would greatly benefit from changing my product code to get the update instead of waiting hopefully not too much longer for the update to get rolled out to my phone. Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimahwhat
    Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with firmware v50 fixing the display issue? Also, for the people who upgraded and still had malfunctioning screens, did y'all hard reset after update?

My NAM product code hasn't received the update yet, and just wondering if I would greatly benefit from changing my product code to get the update instead of waiting hopefully not too much longer for the update to get rolled out to my phone. Thanks.
    Just change your product with NSS. It works great with my NAM RM-428.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimahwhat

I changed my product code to one of the NAM codes that had the v50 update, upgraded my firmware, hard rest, restored, and changed my product code back. The update fixed my display issue right off the bat, before and after hard reset. The screen garbled once briefly the next day with a popup warning, but it was fine once I unlocked the phone. Just to push the issue, I left the phone in my refrigerator for about 30 minutes to see how well it would hold up; the screen was garbled when I took it out. The issue resolved itself after a few minutes in my hand; the screen worked even though the phone still felt cold.

The conclusions I reach are:
    1) There is a highly probable hardware problem
    2) The new firmware provides a pretty good yet imperfect workaround (I'm guessing by calling for more power each time the screen is activated)
    3) This should make the phone usable under most conditions where I live
    4) We'll see what happens in the winter (but maybe I'll have an N8 by then... )

Good luck to those of you with screen problems and no remaining warranty (or in my case, an unwillingness to part with your phone for 2 weeks while my warranty was still good). Changing product codes was indeed easy after the initial fear of failure, and the fix makes the 5800 a pleasure to use again before these issues occurred.

Addendum:

Did anyone else noticed that the screen problem progressively got worse as time went on? For me, the problem began in October. 7 months later, it seemed like the screen messed up at higher and higher temps, and it took much more effort to "revive" it (bright lights, heat sources). Makes me wondering if it could be an aging battery problem and how long this firmware fix will last...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My phone GOT the display problem AFTER upgrading to v50. Before, never had that problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast